It's here at last!!!

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
22 posts Page 1 of 2

lloyd01

Post by lloyd01 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:35 pm
I'm pleased to say having got home from work today the completion certificate from Grant Thornton has arrived!!! It's finally all over!! Iim still showing on the insolvency registrar and credit files not updated yet but have to be patient now and hope they drop off over the coming weeks. It's been a hard 6 and a 1/2 years from start to finally getting the completion certificate and this forum has been a great place to visit from time to time to get help and advice and just keep me sane sometimes. I will still visit the forum and hope I can provide some advice from my own particular experiences. I think if I had the chance again I may well think twice about entering an IVA as the pressures stay on but I'm sure for many people it's a good way of dealing with your debts. Good luck to those still going and keep smiling!

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:41 pm
Excellent news Lloyd -- yet more GT completions happening .. maybe they HAVE sorted themselves !
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:17 pm
Great news .... Debt freedom now official!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

komakino

Post by komakino » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:25 pm
Congratulations!

Still, difficult to work out what they're up to. I was told last week that my case officially completed on the 1st November. No documents through the post yet and all 3 credit agencies still have the IVA on them though.
Last edited by komakino on Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

becp

Post by becp » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:40 pm
Congratulations.

I can't wait for the day we get ours, still feels like wading uphill through treacle at the moment (especially this time of year)

lloyd01

Post by lloyd01 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:40 pm
Mine was the 26th of October so hopefully won't be too much longer now.

super_salmon

Post by super_salmon » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:50 pm
lloyd01, that's great news. I just discovered this forum last week and was starting to worry as my IVA was bought by Grant Thornton from RSM Tenon and my customer service experience with them so far has not been great... have been questioning the calculation of my latest review with them since the end of August (saying that they have finally come through). My 60th payment will be June next year and can't wait... hope my CC comes through just as quick. Enjoy being debt free :)

TheArtist

Post by TheArtist » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:10 am
Nice one Lloyd[:D]. Completions seem to be coming thick and fast now. What lovely Xmas gifts.
Completed IVA - August 2012 pheeeeeeeeeew
Only my opinion - Nothing More Nothing Less

Helpless121

Post by Helpless121 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:25 am
Congratulations! I'm one payment away and can't wait! GT have confirmed that the payment my Father made a couple of weeks ago to clear arrears and I've sent in my last I&E plus tax return so fingers crossed its closed in December as I would expect it to.
Counting the days now but none the wiser what to do re direct debit payments and if I should cancel these as there shouldn't be any payments due after the Dec payment as arrears have been paid. Is there a GT rep here at all? Just need some advice really as they never answer emails!
IVA completed!!! Looking forward to getting my life back! Stay positive and you'll get there in the end.

TheArtist

Post by TheArtist » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:34 am
helpless, was the payment your father made, in F&F as well as arrears? If so, just seek absolute confirmation from GT that your payments are finished and then don't take too long cancelling your DD. I realise its tricky getting hold of the appropriate person at GT but, notwithstanding the remaining admin. i.e. CC and Final Report, if you have paid all of your dues...get it in writing, then deal with the DD. Well done.
Completed IVA - August 2012 pheeeeeeeeeew
Only my opinion - Nothing More Nothing Less

Helpless121

Post by Helpless121 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:04 am
Hi Artist, The payment was just arrears from the payment break I had when I was unemployed. Thats all I had to pay plus a final monthly payment to pay in Dec as this couldn't be paid alongside the arrears as it would have been seen as a F&F and open up the usual approvals, waiting etc, stupid I know but as I was only one payment away, what was the point, may as well just pay it as usual. I've had a email confirming the arrears payment has been made and showing on the account and I have all the info on who it was paid to and the payment reference my Father was given and it all checks out GT say.
I've sent in my I&E plus tax return for the review with a request as to what to do now and if I should cancel the DD once the last payment has been taken but no response yet. I don't want them taking out the arrears payments as these would have extended the IVA until Aug but now their paid, I don't see why I can't cancel the DD mandate as I've met all my commitments under the IVA. I'll send them another email today and see if I can get something back. Thanks for the advice and feeling pretty chuffed its almost all over but still staying pretty pessimistic as from what I've read here, seems like theres always a hurdle to over come with GT taking ages to close cases/finding issues to quarrel over etc but ever hopefully they will be straight forward in issuing the final report and CC.
IVA completed!!! Looking forward to getting my life back! Stay positive and you'll get there in the end.

lloyd01

Post by lloyd01 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:01 pm
Helpless , just a word of warning to help manage your expectations. My last payment was in April and it was finally closed on 26th of October. GT say it takes 6 months for them to close everything down to a state where your contributions are distributed to creditors. I hope you get yours much sooner!

clairemichelle

Post by clairemichelle » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:39 pm
Great news. Congratulations.

Cm x
Iva payments complete 5sept13. Cc dated 15oct13

Kelly O

Post by Kelly O » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:34 pm
Congratulations on completion of your IVA :-)
Regards Kelly Osadare Debt Advice Manager at www.pjgrecovery.com (host to www.melaniegiles.com.)

PJG Recovery have a free online advice channel at www.debtadvicetv.com. If you are ready to ask us for specific advice or help, then get in touch at www.pjgrecovery.com/contact-us.asp . I look forward to speaking to you.

Helpless121

Post by Helpless121 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:12 am
Thanks Lloyd01, I'll keep this in mind.
22 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”