How long after receiving completion certificate should creditors update their records ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
7 posts Page 1 of 1

welshwiz

Post by welshwiz » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:46 am
How long after receiving completion certificate should I give my creditors to update their records, and before I check my credit files

Amy A

Post by Amy A » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:10 pm
Hi Welsh Wiz,

Congratulations on getting your certificate! As you know the completion certificate is proof that you have completed your IVA successfully and the Insolvency Service register will remove your details but this can take up to three months.

Keep an eye on your credit record in the meantime and if you find it hasn't updated after the three months or the Insolvency Register has changed but your credit report hasn't you can request a change. We have a handy guide on our website and a template letter should you need it.

http://pjgrecovery.com/clean-up-credit-rating.asp

We also have a you tube video which maybe of interest to you post IVA - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKRS07Fef7E

Good Luck!
I work alongside Melanie Giles and Kelly O at PJG Recovery. Picking up the phone is the hardest part, from then on things WILL get better... For help, find our contact details at www.pjgrecovery.com or www.melaniegiles.com

welshwiz

Post by welshwiz » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:21 pm
Thanks Amy will have a look at links

pavel33

Post by pavel33 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:24 pm
I only got my completion certificate a couple of weeks back but the record of my IVA has already disappeared from the Insolvency Register. Credit report however yet to be updated so expect that to take nearer three months.

welshwiz

Post by welshwiz » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:27 pm
thanks pavel who did you use for credit report

pavel33

Post by pavel33 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:48 am
Only the free monthly report I get from Noddle, the most recent of which was produced under a week after the completion certificate had been issued so I wasn't surprised that the completion of my IVA wasn't shown on that given the short timescale. Interested to see what my next monthly report says when available in mid July.

welshwiz

Post by welshwiz » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:32 am
Will have a look at getting a report from Noodle thanks pavel33
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”