EIF (Again)

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1

Gettingthere

Post by Gettingthere » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:41 pm
Hello

I have posted several times about this abomination of a company and apologise for having to do so again.

As has happened for many posters on here I have filled in numerous duplicate forms for PPI "mis-selling", I have always sent forms back and been as truthful and honest as I could be.

Low and behold yesterday I received another lot of forms for a credit card which I have no recollection of having (or if I did have, have certainly never used, certainly not part of my IVA for definite).

I am not prepared to answer unlawfully some of the questions they ask, I am fine for ticking the boxes, I cannot remember (which I cannot) or unknown (which they are) but to answer questions which I simply cannot answer truthfully (was I employed, what type of employment etc...) I cannot answer and would be in my eyes unlawful to answer to tick EIF boxes.

I am honestly sick to the back teeth of this company and would like some advise as the best way to proceed. I am with McDuffy.

I know Michael posts and assists people on here regularly and has helped myself on occasion too which is very much appreciated, I note the new claim form came with a MCD letterhead which is something new but the same, shall I say "threat" exists, if you do not sign our form and claim for something which you are not even sure exists you may be in breach of you arrangement.

Any help and advice would be appreciated, this has been going on for at least 3 years and its not even mildly amusing anymore.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:46 pm
You can only answer truthfully. I recall similar questions ( albeit only once) from the firm dealing with my claims. When I did not know or could not recall I crossed through the pre-completed reply and wrote "Do not recall" or somesuch.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Gettingthere

Post by Gettingthere » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:54 pm
I have done this previously Foggy, and thank you for your response, but this lot do not seem to know when to give up, if I could answer most of the questions truthfully I would do so but I am not going to be bullied into sending off a form (s) which are downright lies.

They cannot even come back with the account the claims purport to relate to, which is slightly concerning.

Struzzo39

Post by Struzzo39 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:09 am
EIF did also with us. We just signed the forms and wrote on for each account that we even aware of recall said accounts . WE went our paperwork of to the in July 2012 and it still hasn't completed !
Steven & Debbie

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:38 am
I have very little to do with PPI and know even less about it but please feel free to contact myself or Roisin to look into this for you. It may be something simple but we will look into it.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

chrisA

Post by chrisA » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:17 pm
We also have elf being numpties. Despite having letters from creditors stating no PPI was on the account or those that did have prove it was asked for not mis-sold, they are still sending forms to fill in. Now they want copies of our bank or utility bills to prove our address as there is no records of poi on account registered at this address. How does proving an address make that one change. We've given up on them now, as far as I'm concerned the creditors have not mis-sold us any PPI and have proven to this fact so no more forms or they go on the bin.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”