Debt Lifeboat saying if I don't take a secured loan to release equity they will terminate my IVA.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
34 posts Page 3 of 3

KAYKAY

Post by KAYKAY » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:59 am
I wasn't aware of the new protocols, and having already finished my IVA they will not affect me. But I do like to keep up to date with this site and offer support where I can. When did the new protocols regarding the need to acquire a secured loan come into force?
IVA Completed August 2011

longslog101

Post by longslog101 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:00 pm
http://debtcamel.co.uk/2014-change-to-iva-protocol/. 2014, my understanding is IVA taken out before this are bound by the protocols in effect when they signed on the dotted line.
My Blog details, the route I took before IVA, how I choose my firm, equity release advice (year 4-5), challenging the CRA's keeping IVA on credit file once gone from insolvency register

IVA ended August 2015. Would recommend McCambridge Duffy

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:06 pm
But beware -- some of the larger firms are asking clients to sign up to the new protocol in a smoke and mirrors exercise !
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

darth_ivader

Post by darth_ivader » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:56 am
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by Foggy

But beware -- some of the larger firms are asking clients to sign up to the new protocol in a smoke and mirrors exercise !
Foggy makes a good point as so many of the smaller IVA firms have been bought by the larger firms, they have often asked us to sign the latest protocols along with higher fees etc. and have often used scaremongering tactics to do so.
34 posts Page 3 of 3
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”