Wonga

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

Jamie247

Post by Jamie247 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:46 am
Hi

I had loads of wonga loans in the past anyway the last one i had they sent me a email saying debt has been calred due to something on there part? affordaiabtly issues?

anyway this loan was clared but i was wondering what would happen to the loans i paid of could i claim compensation and put it in my iva?

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:04 am
I think you have been lucky on this occasion and misfortunate in a way to have paid off previous ones as Wonga are now paying/writing off some outstanding loans.

I would let it go and be grateful one has been cleared and written off.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Shining

Post by Shining » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:53 am
I too would suggest you let it lie, your IVA company will no doubt investigate the misspelling of PPI etc., and this may just come to light in years to come but for now let sleeping dogs lie is my best advice.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

esgt1967

Post by esgt1967 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:57 pm
If you are already in an IVA and your Wonga loan(s) were included, you need to let your IP know that the loans have been written off. This happened to me but the Wonga outstanding amount was so low that it didn't really have any effect on my IVA. However, the IP needs to get in contact with Wonga and arrange for dividends to be repaid etc, nothing for you to do though.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”