If IVA is in my name, and my partner gets a substantial payrise, can the IVA take any of it ?,

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1

Bryn.mm

Post by Bryn.mm » Sun May 29, 2016 2:28 pm
If my iva is in my name but they asked to see my partners bank statements at the start. If she became a compony director. And got a substantial pay increase can the iva take any of it.

MerlinL14

Post by MerlinL14 » Sun May 29, 2016 4:13 pm
Your IVA has nothing to do financially with your partner or your IP. They can not force her to disclose anything, despite some IP's trying bully tactics. As long as you can demonstrate she pays her share of household bills your IP has no hold over her to disclose any of her information.
Last Payment made 04/12/14. Completion Certificate 25/7/15. IVA company GT. No Issues

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun May 29, 2016 6:17 pm
Hi and welcome,

The only thing they will need to know is that you are sharing the household expenses.

They do not need to know of any payrises she has.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Mon May 30, 2016 6:07 pm
Hi

At your annual review you will be asked to state your partners income, this increased income may increase your share of the disposable income and hence your IVA payments may increase. If your partner decides not to co-operate by withholding her income details [quite within her rights to do this]your IP may assume that you share household expenses 50/50, again this may increase your disposable income and hence your IVA payments

Regards
Andam Davies

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Tue May 31, 2016 10:25 am
She doesn't have to provide any personal information however if she doesn't your IP might be forced to assume that the household expenditure is split 50:50. This could therefore affect you if you actually pay more than 50% of the expenditure as 50% would leave you with a higher disposable income from which you will be expected to pay contributions into your IVA.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:05 pm
It depends upon how the original agreement was written and how the original disposable income was arrived at. The replies above are correct unless the HOUSEHOLD income was used initially, as some firms tend to do --- but this has to be enshrined in the agreement.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”