Worried about Unemployment ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

CoverItAll

Post by CoverItAll » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:00 pm
POSTED WITH APPROVAL OF ANDY DAVIE.

Unemployment through Redundancy is growing weekly by thousands and its growth rate is expected to accelerate, even rocket throughout 2009 and into 2010. There are now nearly 2 million people out of work and registered as Unemployed, and this figure is forecast to reach at least 3 million next year.

People who have for years refused to consider buying PPI because they felt they had no need of the cover, are now coming out of the woodwork in droves, seeking this cover. Directors of Merchant Banks, and Senior Managers with High Street Banks, are doing the rounds of PPI providers, desperate now to buy this cover.

Redundancy claims continue to climb from an already extremely high level, putting an extra strain on a market already awash with mis-selling claims, and the refunds that follow them. The market is reacting to all this, and turning down many applications for cover.

There is increased recognition in the Debt Advice market of the value of using PPI to safeguard payments into IVA’s and DMP’s. Where the need for this cover was in the past regarded as minimal, the scourge of Redundancy, and its effect on people with little or no financial resilience, is causing many Debt Advisory Firms to revisit this decision. However, they are not supported in this by Creditors, so no change there then.

If losing your job is a financial burden you could not carry, do look into PPI, it does not need to cost a lot. What are the bills you must pay? Mortgage or Rent, IVA or DMP, Food & Clothing, Life & Home Insurance, Council Tax, Utilities. All these can be covered for as little as £2,75 per £100.00 per month.

As well as our own Paymentcover website, you can also consider other providers such as Assurant Solutions, Hitachi, Norwich Union, Paymentcare, Paymentshield, or Pinnacle.
John Tegg
john.tegg@dms4asu.co.uk
http://www.paymentcover.co.uk
STANDARD TERMS for Forum Members for Home Insurance, Self Employed Tradesman's Public Liability, and Short Term Income Protection.

moretolife

Post by moretolife » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:32 pm
we can recommend john tegg...
good service ..good advice and good people
IVA completed 11th Dec 2009 due to a Full and Final with the fantastic help of Michael Peoples and
Mc Cambridge Duffy

Visit my blog...Journey from Debt to Life Post IVA
http://moretolife.blogs.iva.co.uk

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:43 am
Hi
I have recently taken out mortgage cover with John, something that I have never done in the past, however with the current climate and after speaking to many people who have lost their jobs or are too ill to work it does make you think about how you would cope if the worst happened.
The premiums are a lot lower than you think, in my case just over £30 per month to cover my mortgage payments and when you consider that one of my sons pays £10 per month to cover his mobile phone it does put it into perspective.
Regards
Andam Davies

Moneyworries

Post by Moneyworries » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:29 am
Hi John

I just wanted to say thank you for posting this information.

myself and hubby made an application for the self cert protection and are very pleased with the quotes given.

Once again, thank you and heres hoping he wont be needing it [;)]
Onwards and Upwards is the way for me :-0)

xx
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”