contacted at work

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

micawber

Post by micawber » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:34 am
i was off work for a few days last week when i returned i was told by colleagues that someone kept ringing for me when i checked the number it was a firm called RMA instructed by one of my creditors,MBNA to contact me about late payment,i am in the process of applying for a Iva and have selected a firm, its stressful enough but i thought i would be able to do this in private but now my co workers know theres something amiss ,given the fact that i have just changed banks i suspect i will be gossip fodder i am worried how management will react given my job involves handling large amounts of cash are these people entitled to do this.
my other piece of advice copperfield is mr micawcer said, annual income £20 annual expenditure £19/19s/6d result happiness, annual income £20 annual expenditure £20/6d result misery.
charles dickens

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:41 am
H micawber,

I can sympathise with you - it's most embarrasing when this happens.

I would suggest that you contact this firm, inform them of what you are doing and tell them not to ring you at work as you are not allowed personal calls and may well lose your job, in which case they wouldn't be getting any money at all.

You could tell your colleagues that you have either been having a few problems since changing your bank, or that the new bank are trying to sell you something.

I know other posters have done this in the past and it seems to have worked.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:50 am
Make sure that your IP firm has actually contact the creditors and asked them to deal with them directly. Some will refuse to do this until an IVA is in place, but a lot of them will and this may take some pressure away from you whilst the IVA is being prepared.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

fingerscrossed

Post by fingerscrossed » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:53 am
I have to be honest( with you lot!) and I lied thru my teeth when I was changing my bank account. Unfortunatly the whole office knew I was changing banks as I had 2 days to open an account and change my bank details before the cut off date at work otherwise my whole wage would of disapeared.

I made out Lloyds had done me wrong and they were not having another single penny off me for their shoddy cutomer service!! Part of it is true, i did recieve shoddy service.

I wasnt looking for sympathy but it just made it easier when i needed to nip out to sort opening an account!!
Back to square one but what dunt kill you makes you stronger!!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:25 pm
That's a good way of dealing with it FC. I'm sure we have all had problems with our banks in the past.

My daughter has changed hers three times in the last 18 months as she had problems with the first two refusing to give her a debit card.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”