meals at work

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
25 posts Page 2 of 2

TheMatrix

Post by TheMatrix » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:51 pm
I totally agree. I end up reusing mine, if enough people did that they might get the message ;-)
We're willing to wipe the slate clean, give you a fresh start. All that we're asking in return is your cooperation.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:56 pm
Don't blame you, I think I would as well! Pity others don't do it.

Our canteen has proper cutlery so we don't have that problem. Hate our canteen food though so never eat it!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

TheMatrix

Post by TheMatrix » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:59 pm
They do a nice salad bar for a pound, the rest is all rubbish and over priced. So I either take my own sandwiches or have one of their salads at lunchtime.
We're willing to wipe the slate clean, give you a fresh start. All that we're asking in return is your cooperation.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:06 pm
You have a canteen, Jan ?? When I used to spend more time than was healthy at Worthing nick. (Don't worry, I was in blue serge)we had a room to bring our own sarnies. Canteen in the section house only opened evenings and "guests" had their meals sent across form a nearby 4 star hotel !!!!
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:09 pm
I used to be in blue serge as well!

As my place of work is also part of the training centre they have to have one apparantly but it is over priced rubbish.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:44 pm
I once had an argument with a famous firm of voting representatives who expected a client of mine with a 1 1/2 hour commute in London to take sandwiches to work! When we had to point out that they would get incredibly soggy on the tube, they sensibly gave in.

Most of my clients actually do feel that the upper limit of housekeeping combined with the meals at work package is genuinely sufficient - although it is ludicrous that the budget is the same for a couple as a single person.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:43 am
Must admit Mel that I used to have well over an hours commute to work a few years ago either by car or on the train, and I used to take home made sandwiches at times and they were fine! The only ones which don't seem to travel well are tuna!
Bob Marley.

Imhotep

Post by Imhotep » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:20 am
Michael Peoples wrote:

I wouldn't want to share with my wife because I would end up starving to death! Her spoon would move a lot faster than mine.
She should drill a hole in your spoon :)

We take sandwiches in, some days (once a month) we will go to the nearby pub, it does 2 meals for six quid (and we share a pint of Coke).

On occasion we may get a Boots meal deal each (they have gone up) if we have to go into town.
Last edited by Imhotep on Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:37 am
I take sandwiches, soup and some of the very nice ready meals for one from Asda - £1.87 a time and there's just enough there for me. Don't do it every day though. The nearest pub is too far away, the canteen food isn't good and when I'm on a late shift it isn't open at all so I always take my own stuff in.
Bob Marley.

Broke of London

Post by Broke of London » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:48 am
I bought a Boots meal deal the other day and asked the cashier to check that it had gone through as the deal! Its not just extra vat they've added on! Anyway, the new M&S meal deal is cheaper. You get a sandwich, crisps and a drink for £2.75.
25 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”