Nearly throwing the towel in

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1

elizabethr

Post by elizabethr » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:29 pm
Feeling pretty rough today. Start treatment for my ME on Weds and told I will feel rougher after and there seems to be so much to think about - really feel like throwing the towel in now. Was keeping quite positive but can't seem to do anything now without my whole body hurting!! I'm going to be really short of money because I am having to pay for me weekly treatment as they don't provide on the NHS.

Just need an idea of how long it generally takes from putting together a F&F proposal to all being signed off (if it is accepted - don't know what I will do if it isnt.
Elizabeth

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:35 pm
Elizabeth, so sorry that you are feeling so rough but please don't throw the towel in. You've come so far and hopefully this treatment will help you get back on track.

Don't give up.

I don't know how long it takes but hopefully Mel will come on and advise later. I'm sure it will be accepted.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:38 pm
It should not take more than a couple of days to prepare a full and final settlement offer and under the circumstances I am sure your IP will work fast. Try and make sure that you have no more payments to make pending the outcome of the variation and this should ease the financial pressures a little.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

elizabethr

Post by elizabethr » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:28 pm
Thanks for the messages. I am finding it more difficult because whereas a simple phone call would probably re-assure me I find talking on the phone is a major task because it exhausts me. I will try emailing tomorrow when i am not as tired.
Elizabeth

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:38 pm
Just keep coming on for support Elizabeth - we're always here for you.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Broke of London

Post by Broke of London » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:48 pm
Hi elizabethr,

Take care of yourself hunny. We're all here supporting you. Rest up to prepare for your first treatment; it's so important you are able to get the full benefit from it.

Hugs xx
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”