To all the Newbies - its not all that bad.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
7 posts Page 1 of 1

Kazzy E

Post by Kazzy E » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:14 pm
Hi All. I am just sitting here pondering about my IVA and have read some posts this evening about new people going into their IVA's, who understandably are petrified.

For those of you who remember me back three years ago, pre IVA, I was a total wreck, and felt that the shame of an IVA was almost too much to bare but I had no choice, we were in a complete mess and we honestly felt that we were going to sink to oblivion if we didn't get some help.

I wanted to write this post to reassure all newbies just starting out on their IVA journeys, that it really isn't that bad. No-one is saying the next five years will be easy, but you learn very quickly about how to budget with the money you have, and you soon gain a real sense of pride when you get through a month with items bought by your very own cash.

I have just submitted my paperwork for my third review, and I never dread what will come back. I just take it on the chin and work the next year to my revised budgets and get through the best way I can.

The last three years have bought their issues along the way; a broken washing machine, a car accident, a car breakdown to name but a few, but we have tackled the hiccups and Melanie Giles and her team have been our saving grace.

Due to the level of our debts, our IVA is a 6 year one, not a 5, but we are plodding on and the years roll by without really noticing it and I can't believe we are half way through already.

Sorry for the long post, but I just want to wish all the newbies the best of luck on their journey. Keep posting for invaluable advice on the forum and before you know it, you will be receiving your completion certificate as I will be in three years time. I know first hand that feeling of absolute dispair, but there is hope, and certainly with every month that you pay your IVA, that glimmer of light at the end of that dark tunnel becomes brighter and brighter.

Best of luck to all you newbies and to everyone on their successful journeys to a better future.

Kazzy [:D] xx
There is light at the end of that dark tunnel. Promise.

Visit my blog at: http://kazzy.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Shining

Post by Shining » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:09 am
Lovely post Kazzy and a very encouraging one. Glad it's going ok for you and having a good IP is paramount. x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

KAYKAY

Post by KAYKAY » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:49 am
Great post, thank you for sharing your experience. I am sure this will help and encourage not just newbies, but those already mid way through their journey. Congratulations to you also, and hope the rest of your IVA goes without too much problem.
IVA Completed August 2011

Louise.bb

Post by Louise.bb » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:54 pm
Many thanks Kazzy as I am one such newbie currently getting all the paperwork together for an iva proposal. If it were not for all the information and advice from this forum I would be still digging myself deeper and deeper into debt which is absolutely soul destroying. I almost dare not hope that it will be accepted, that old tempting fate feeling which I think a lot of people feel at times like this. Thanks for the words of hope and the very best of luck for the next three years.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:51 pm
Your post will be reassuring for anyone considering proposing an IVA to their creditors. Thank you for taking time to post Kazzy.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:55 am
brilliant inspirational post to all new comers - well done on your journey so far !
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Tina Shortland

Post by Tina Shortland » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:14 am
Great post Kazzy E - there are so many poeple reading this forum that don't feel confident to post so seeing postsl ike this will heopfully give them some reassurance to take the next step and explaore their options.

Lesley is right - having a good Ip and company respresenting you is key which is why everyone stresses the importance of shopping around until you are absolutely happy and comfortable to proceed.

Glad to hear things are going well for you and you are nearer the end than the beginning!

Regards,
Regards, Tina Shortland, Debt Advisory Manager for Melanie Giles at Debt Advice TV.

If you’re looking for effective debt related information, articles and news, then go now to our on-line advice service at www.debtadvicetv.com

If you’re ready to ask us for specific advice or help, then get in touch at www.call-me.debtadvicetv.com so you can start to free yourself from the stress and anxiety of overwhelming debt.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”