Freeman Jones Postage Issues

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
15 posts Page 1 of 1

salkitten15

Post by salkitten15 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:42 pm
Hi everyone,
Not posted on here for quite some time, but still do check in every so often.
Just a quick one, my second annual review was due, I sent off all relevant paperwork etc only to receive a letter from Freeman Jones saying they hadn't received any of it!
Then a couple of days later i receive the standard letter returning my paperwork back to me!!!
It's frustrating because it happened to me last christmas and had to send off my payslips etc. four times!
This was about 5 weeks ago now and i'm concerned i've heard nothing back from them.
Anyone else have any similar problems?
Sal x

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:04 pm
Hi,

Nice to see you again and hope you are ok.

Not good customer service is it? Try emailing your IP directly to see if they will get back to you.

In future I would either scan it and email it or send it recorded delivery.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

salkitten15

Post by salkitten15 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:13 pm
Hi Kallis thanks for your reply.
It's really bad customer service, I can only think they have a back log of post etc, but given that it's happened before it doesnt fill me with great confidence.
I know theres a poster for Freeman Jones so i'm hoping that they will pick this up.
x

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:19 pm
FJ do post on here so I hope they pick up on this tomorrow.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Shining

Post by Shining » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:06 pm
Errors do happen but twice in a short space of time bad luck or bad manaagement, I don't want to comment. Great idea to scan and email and get a read receipt. If for any reason it does go missing the email can easily be re-sent. x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Broke of London

Post by Broke of London » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:51 am
I prefer to do everything by email so I have an audit trail of conversations, reviews etc. I feel better protected for it, even if it is a hassle 'recapping' phone conversations by email.

vince666

Post by vince666 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:11 am
I would always recommend following up an important phone conversation by emailing the other party a summary of what you believe was agreed and asking them to confirm by reply.
Completion certificate received 31 March 2012.

benny333

Post by benny333 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:56 am
Hey,

I sent off review documents and had the same letter - if you look on the FJ website (I called too to check) it states that the 2nd letter (i.e. the 2nd request for docs) is sent as a standard reminder and can be ignored if you have sent everything required, so like you I had a 2nd request for docs and my returned docs within a couple of days. Also they sent out requests for paperwork a while before the review is due to ensure it can be done on time - I sent mine in Jan but have been told I could be looking at April before it is complete.

X

Financial Wellness

Industry Expert

Post by Financial Wellness » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:42 am
Good morning from sunny Salford,

Thanks for the post Sal. I am sorry for the muddle both last Christmas and this year. It does sound like this time round your documents might have crossed with our reminder letter. I'll try and get to the bottom of this and post back later.

As Benny says we do send out the request for information well before your Annual Review is due.

Let me investigate and respond in more detail later.

IW
A member of the team at Financial Wellness Group (Formerly Freeman Jones ) - www.financialwellnessgroup.co.uk

Financial Wellness

Industry Expert

Post by Financial Wellness » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:08 pm
Hi Sal,

Sorry for the slight delay in responding.

It does look like the reminder was an automated letter that probably crossed with you returning your documentation. Please accept my apologies for that.

These letters do go out automatically, but as soon as your Relationship Manager processes the post (we don't have a backlog) then they will stop any further reminders if they've got everything that they need to complete your Annual Review.

If we have all the paperwork and everything is in order then we don't need to speak to you to prepare the Annual Report. In this case we will send you a copy, along with your creditors. The absolute deadline for this is within 60 days of the anniversary of your IVA, although it will usually be well before that.

If you are worried you can always give your Relationship Manager a buzz, but they will call you if they need anything more to complete the report.

I hope that helps,

IW
Last edited by Financial Wellness on Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A member of the team at Financial Wellness Group (Formerly Freeman Jones ) - www.financialwellnessgroup.co.uk

salkitten15

Post by salkitten15 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:08 pm
Hi,
Thanks very much for the reply.
This has put my mind at ease!
I will wait to hear from FJ as from the above it looks like things are pretty much in order.
Thankyou once again everybody!
x

bulldog

Post by bulldog » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:03 am
normaly fjones are quite good at returning.we sometimes get a text message saying they have received the documents.
but your previous post from fjones (IW) made me laugh when he said call your Relationship Manager
reason follows:
1:when you try call your Relationship Manager they are not there,avaible,or you get told they will call you back. but never do
2:you then get told by another Relationship Manager i can deal with it but they then don't know anything about your case,never read anything about you and so on.
3:not sure if it is their normal pratice or just becouse it's me. but within 4 months now we have had 4 different Relationship Managers

bulldog

Post by bulldog » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:07 am
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by Freeman Jones

Hi Sal,

Sorry for the slight delay in responding.

It does look like the reminder was an automated letter that probably crossed with you returning your documentation. Please accept my apologies for that.

These letters do go out automatically, but as soon as your Relationship Manager processes the post (we don't have a backlog) then they will stop any further reminders if they've got everything that they need to complete your Annual Review.

If we have all the paperwork and everything is in order then we don't need to speak to you to prepare the Annual Report. In this case we will send you a copy, along with your creditors. The absolute deadline for this is within 60 days of the anniversary of your IVA, although it will usually be well before that.

If you are worried you can always give your Relationship Manager a buzz, but they will call you if they need anything more to complete the report.

I hope that helps,

IW
is it normal pratice with fjones to have 3 different Relationship Managers within 4 months??

and you can wait for a return call up to a week later?

Financial Wellness

Industry Expert

Post by Financial Wellness » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:32 pm
Hi Bulldog, thanks for the posts and welcome to the forum.

We do understand that it is frustrating if you can’t get hold of your Relationship Manager (RM) straight away. Let me respond to your points:

If you leave a message your RM really will try and call you back as soon as possible. The RMs do work shifts (broadly either earlies or lates) so it may be that in any given week that they aren’t around at a time that suits the client. You can also get hold of your RM by email and they will respond as soon as they can.

As you say we do give clients the option to speak to another Relationship Manager. Although they clearly won’t know you and your IVA personally they will have access to your file and notes. So they should be able to read in, and are also able to leave notes so your Relationship Manager knows what has been discussed.

Finally we do try and minimise changes in RMs. Like any business we do have staff turnover – although we do what we can to keep it low (for example our business is listed in the Sunday Times Best Places to Work). RMs also move on if they are promoted or move to another job internally. If you have had three or four RMs in four months I apologise, all I can say is that this is relatively unusual and you have, I am afraid, been unlucky.

I appreciate that this isn’t your experience of us (and we do value the feedback). We certainly wouldn’t claim to be perfect and we are always looking to improve.

Ian
Last edited by Financial Wellness on Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

salkitten15

Post by salkitten15 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:58 pm
Hi bulldog

Yes I think you have been unlucky there, I have been in my IVA for two years and have always had the same relationship manager.

Apart from the issue I posted about, I can honestly say I have never had any problems with FJ and I hope you have the same experience as me!

x
15 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”