Over- pitfalls and celebrations!

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
12 posts Page 1 of 1

BlueShoes

Post by BlueShoes » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:14 pm
Well, our IVA is over....a huge weight has been lifted and I can genuinely say that it has been a generally positive experience...

best bits: knowing we have paid back what we could afford, learning to better manage our income, no debts...

worst bits: struggling when major bills came in, going without so that our children could still take part in school trips, feeling ashamed that we got ourselves into a mess...

Bizarrely, hubby's name is off the insolvency register, but mine is still on ( despite emails and phone calls)

Callcredit removed IVA from their records as soon as we sent a copy of the completion certificate, Experian and Equifax are waiting for confirmation from the Insolvency Agency who have up to three months from the date of the completion certificate ( early October)- although again, hubby's credit records are all clear already- so I really don't understand what has happened there! It's as though he never had an IVA ( although he was on the Insolvency Register during the IVA)

Re IVA....Would we do it again? Yes- and I would highly recommend Melanie and her team...

Have we learnt our lessons? Yes, without a doubt!

Good luck for those of you part way through....or thinking of going down the IVA route...

The feeling of relief when it is all over is huge!

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:35 pm
Great news. Well done for getting through it!

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

Little miss trouble

Post by Little miss trouble » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:24 am
Wow. Congrats to you both. Such a lovely feeling x
5 years done and dusted. Certificate received.

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:32 am
Excellent ... Lets hope lessons learnt means you won't need to consider an IVA again in the future !
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Struzzo39

Post by Struzzo39 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:31 am
Well done to you both. Good luck for the future.
Steven & Debbie

Helpless121

Post by Helpless121 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:15 am
Congratulations! I'm one payment away and will be joining you I hope! I'm already feeling that butterfly feeling in my stomach and despite this whole mess was not entirely of my own making, I'm just glad its almost done and I paid back what I could afford and faced up to it.

Best bit for me- The greedy ex wife now has to face upto her responsibilities as she should have done years ago, her leeching partner left her with a mortgage on the house I paid for originally, she can't work due to bad health and she's now on benefits to try and make ends meet, my oldest son is at Uni happily and away from her and youngest is off soon too so guess who's going to have sell up and move into a flat on her tod as she's not able to meet her commitments... revenge is sweet even though its taken years to pay up a debt she helped majorly to build up and didn't accept because she wanted everything. I'm free, her prison is just starting MWAHAHAHA! Wicked it may seem but after what I've struggled through, I think I'm entitled to laugh and feel good about what I've achieved!

No more credit for me and never ever do I relish revisiting an IVA again!
IVA completed!!! Looking forward to getting my life back! Stay positive and you'll get there in the end.

Hair_bobbles

Post by Hair_bobbles » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:37 am
By the sounds of that helpless121,,, you need to treat yourself with something from your first month of "disposable" income!!
IVA COMPLETED & CLEAN CREDIT FILE.

An old bible proverb says this: the rich one rules the poor, and the borrower is a slave to the lender.

How true are those words of wisdom.

Helpless121

Post by Helpless121 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:27 am
I might just do that and treat my beautiful lady wife to a lovely something as she's had to bear with this through no fault of her own, and struggle along with me. I think we may be able to get a decent weekend away at last. :)
IVA completed!!! Looking forward to getting my life back! Stay positive and you'll get there in the end.

mazbrown

Post by mazbrown » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:13 pm
Best of luck helpless , you enjoy your debt free life and your time together with your wife

Helpless121

Post by Helpless121 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:06 pm
Thank you Mazbrown. I think things can only get better from now on.

Kelly O

Post by Kelly O » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:47 pm
Congratulations on completing your IVA Blueshoes and all the best for the future :-)
Regards Kelly Osadare Debt Advice Manager at www.pjgrecovery.com (host to www.melaniegiles.com.)

PJG Recovery have a free online advice channel at www.debtadvicetv.com. If you are ready to ask us for specific advice or help, then get in touch at www.pjgrecovery.com/contact-us.asp . I look forward to speaking to you.

fbdo

Post by fbdo » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:27 pm
Congrats Helpless!!
12 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”