F&F in "extension" year

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
2 posts Page 1 of 1

esgt1967

Post by esgt1967 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:18 pm
Hi, we are currently into the 4th year of our IVA's (month 40) and hoping very much that one of us will be below the £5k equity threshold so that one of the IVA's will finish at month 60 (we have a declaration of trust giving my husband a greater share of any equity as he put down a larger deposit). We will almost definitely have equity to deal with for him so a 12 month extension will probably apply. We may be able to get the funds to pay off the final extension year in a F&F from a family member and I was wondering what the timeframe was for calling a creditors meeting for them to consider the F&F once the equity calculation at month 54 has passed. Our timeline is, month 54 is in July so if we wanted the F&F to be considered and hopefully agreed before December, when should we be approaching our IP/creditors with the F&F proposal? I have asked my IP about this but have not received a reply so thought I would put the question to one of you guys!

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:00 pm
Hi -- a F&F usually takes about three months to put together, some firms are faster, some slower. The creditors will require 28 days notice.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”