RX1 Restriction on property Payplan

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
15 posts Page 1 of 1

country girl

Post by country girl » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:01 pm
It has been a while since I posted on this forum. I received my completion certificate in May 2015 and do not follow this forum as much as I used to. However when I had a look recently I noticed a post from somebody who had completed an IVA with Payplan (as I had) but found that there was still a restriction on their property. I have just checked mine with Land Registry and it is also still shown.
I will have to contacted Payplan to ask them to remove it but I felt I should warn people about this as it may well be that they do not remove these on completion and it will cause problems or embarrassment if you are wanting to sell your property at any time.
Just when I thought my life had moved on this crops up!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:18 pm
Just contact Payplan, tell them to remove it or you will be making a complaint!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:28 am
It has occasionally happened to us that a restriction has not been removed so we now send all RX4 notices to the Land Registry by recorded delivery. These are sent out as standard with the completion statements but sometimes there have been problems. It may be a coincidence and not Payplan's fault but still good advice to check post IVA. It costs very little and could save a lot of hassle and potential embarrassment later.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:50 am
An IVA is your IVA not the IP's or the creditors and it is sometimes the case that you have to do the driving :-)

In the spirit of Country Girl's post i.e. to warn others to check, I advocate driving as much as possible. Never assume something that should have been done has been. Always check and prod if needed :-)

The problem with many administrative matters is that there is often more than one party / organisation involved. In the case of property restrictions, yes, sometimes the IP will forget to send it to Land Registry, but, often it seems, Land Registry will lose it at their end. Considering the volumes they deal with this is not surprising, though still frustrating.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

imanostrich

Post by imanostrich » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:19 pm
Hi

I also completed an iva with payplan in 2015, what do i need to do to find out if the restriction has been lifted ?

thanks for any advice

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:30 pm
You can check your title deeds online with Land Registry for a small fee --- you will need your title number ( or you will need to do a search for another small fee).
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.

Kazza

Post by Kazza » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:03 pm
After reading Country girls post I thought I'd best check with Payplan. Before I even sent the e-mail (got caught up at work being ultra busy!) Adam from complaints (sure most of you know my story!!) e-mailed me and said due to giving Natwest the 'deadline' re statements they are waiting on to close our IVA down, Natwest have now supplied the info! so I took the opportunity to mention the RX1 restriction and Adam said they will apply to have it removed immediately and now hoping CC should be with us by end of next week at the latest. Adam has been absolutely FABULOUS. I hope he reads this. I have told him myself often enough now as he really has pulled out the stops to get this all finished for us. Well done to Payplan - and thank you Country girl for mentioning it. Probably wouldn't have even occurred to me as so blinkered with wanting our CC!! Happy new year to all.... :D
IVA started Sept 2012, Full & Final accepted Aug 16th 2016 & CC issued 10th Jan 2017

country girl

Post by country girl » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:23 pm
Thank you Michael's Peoples for providing the number of the form to remove the restriction it will help when dealing with Payplan. I have sent them a letter recorded delivery but I am not hopeful of a reply from past experiences. Unfortunately I find it difficult to phone during office hours as there is nowhere at work to speak privately, so this is not going to be easy to sort out.I thought I had left those problems behind!
Foggy I appreciate what you are saying but to be honest I assumed this would be dealt with as it is not something I can remove myself. I check my credit score and the insolvency register however I did not realise I could check the land registry to be honest. This is why I wanted to make other people aware as I am sure I am not the only one.

imanostrich

Post by imanostrich » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:55 pm
HI Foggy

thanks for reply I now have my title number, but when I am looking for title deeds its saying i have to download a deeds request form and complete and return with payment, (land registry,gov) how do I get this information on line please?

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:14 pm
Hi,

I am sure you can download this form online from Land Registry and then just fill it in and send it off with the appropriate fee.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:06 am
https://eservices.landregistry.gov.uk/w ... 1470317275

You can get a copy of the title register online for £3. There is a sample one to look at which is quite helpful.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

PayPlan rep

Post by PayPlan rep » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:54 am
Hi Country girl,

Would you be able to email online@payplan.com and I can look into this for you and keep you informed.

Thank you

Tracey

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:22 am
PayPlan rep wrote:
Hi Country girl,

Would you be able to email online@payplan.com and I can look into this for you and keep you informed.

Thank you

Tracey
Thank you Tracey :)

country girl

Post by country girl » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:55 pm
Thank you Tracey
That is really helpful, an e-mail has just been sent.
I would really appreciate your help.
:D

country girl

Post by country girl » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:39 pm
Just an update on this. RX1 restriction has now been removed.
Thanks to Tracey from Payplan for sorting this out and I didn't have to make a phone call!
I am really glad I checked this though. It cost £3 with Land Registry. I only needed my address so it was worth checking.
15 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”