Completion Certificate

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

SilverLinings

Post by SilverLinings » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:35 pm
Hello Everyone,

Today is the day I received my certificate of completion. I cannot express how pleased and relieved I am to have reached this point. When I started out on my IVA journey in 2011 five years to complete seemed more than a lifetime away. If fact today I am sitting in the exact same place I did five years ago when I first posted on this forum the time has flown which is sad in one way for my two boys have grown up, but good in another as now I am ready for a new start.

I would like to say to everyone embarking on their IVA journey or indeed already in their IVA journey is that there will be tough times when you might ask yourself "is it worth it?" and all I can say is that it definitely is! I am a single mother with two boys and we have faced challenging situations to get through financially but we got through it even though my boys didn't and still don't know about my IVA. We didn't have the holidays and expensive Christmas and birthday gifts but we had each other and as corny as it sounds that is all you really need.

Now my boys are 17 and 18 and embarking on their young adult lives and because they've lived with me being on a budget every week of my life for the last five years they realise the importance of living within your means, something they didn't learn at school. I too am much better at managing those pennies!

I know that whilst it was a difficult decision to make at the time I am glad that I decided to undertake an IVA, without it I know for a fact that today I would still be in the same debt if not more so I am thankful I took the step.

I would also like to say a huge 'thank you' to all the staff at McCambridge Duffy, they steered me through my IVA without being intrusive but they were always there when I needed help or a break in payments due to the horrendous car repair bills that were endless in trying to keep my tin can on the road! Thank you, I was lucky that I found McCambridge Duffy and would certainly recommend checking them out if you are looking at IVA companies.

I wish everyone the best with their IVA journey and I do intend to keep dropping in and reading posts to see if I can help in any way x

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:52 pm
Brilliant news - really pleased for you
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:15 pm
Great post. Well done - enjoy your new debt free life.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:36 pm
Great post -- so glad it has all worked out for you. Here's to your new, debt free, life :-)
Onward and upward :-)
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:01 am
That is great news and enjoy the extra money now that the IVA is over. I am delighted we could help and I will pass on your kind words as everyone does like a little success story. Very best wishes and please stay around as your insight and experience will always be invaluable.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”