Creditor variation meeting tomorrow

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
13 posts Page 1 of 1

Twiglet

Post by Twiglet » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:05 pm
Tomorrow is D-Day for the variation meeting of creditors to see if they’ll accept funds paid to date as a f&f settlement due to major changes in circumstances (I no longer work due to becoming carer for my teenage son who suffers badly with neurological and mental health conditions). I am absolutely petrified and praying they accept the offer, not quite sure what I’ll do if they don’t! It was actually my IP that suggested this route so I’m hoping they think there’s a good chance of it to offer it in the first place! Meeting at 10.30, not sure what time they’re likely to call though, hope the6 don’t keep me waiting all day!
IVA completed (with funds paid to date) 4th October 2017.......Completion certificate received 23rd December 2017 :D

Keith White

Industry Expert

Post by Keith White » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:10 pm
The IP wouldn't have suggested this route unless they were very hopeful of acceptance. Fingers crossed here too - let is know how you get on!
Keith White, IVA advisor at iva.com
Contact me at http://www.iva.com/about-us/keith-white

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:29 pm
Creditors are usually sympathetic to pressing changes in circumstances, especially health matters and you would have had a positive rcommendation from your IP, which carries a lot of weight.

Best of luck.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Twiglet

Post by Twiglet » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:16 am
THanks for the replies! Today is the day and I hope they are sympathetic as Foggy said! Completely genuine reasons for having to give up work and I have provided evidence for this. Paid solidly for over 3.5 years with increases throughout that time that we always paid without missing a payment. Thank you
IVA completed (with funds paid to date) 4th October 2017.......Completion certificate received 23rd December 2017 :D

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:30 am
Sorry to hear about your son, you say you don't work - looking after him must be a full time job anyway!!!

Good luck for today! :)
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:14 am
Good luck from me too and I am sure your IP will be doing their best to get this accepted. I cannot see why creditors would reject so fingers crossed.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Twiglet

Post by Twiglet » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:36 pm
Well, I have had the call and it’s been accepted! I’ve cried tears of relief! I know most people are happy to see the end of an IVA as it means they’ll be better off each month - that’s not the case for us as we had virtually no disposable income so for us, the relief is immense that we do not have to try and find the extra each month or go bankrupt. The IP said the completion process will take 3-6 months. There were some modifications proposed by creditors but none that directly affect us - things like the variation meeting fee to cost no more than £300 and one creditor requested chairman report is sent within 7 days which they said it would be anyway. Does anyone have experience with Harrington Brooks and the completion process - is 3-6 months realistic timescales or are the quicker/slower than this. Thank you all for your kind words, I really appreciate the support!

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:39 pm
Congratulations and well done to HB. Rather than just terminating the proposal they put your case to creditors and got the perfect outcome. Don't worry about completion certificates and insolvency registers today but instead enjoy your first day of debt freedom. The other things will fall into place in due course.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Twiglet

Post by Twiglet » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:16 pm
Thank you Michael! HB have been very good throughout the whole IVA process to be fair, I can’t fault them. And you’re right about completion certificates, I’ve just seen so many people talk about them on the forum etc that I worry I’m suppose to do something or something will go wrong, but for now, I’m just going to enjoy the feeling of relief and concentrate on home life and getting my son’s school etc sorted without this hanging over us as well!

Thank you!

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:16 pm
Completely agree with Michael. Take a breath and savour the moment.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:20 pm
Brilliant news! Really pleased for you,
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

linrog

Post by linrog » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:27 pm
We were with Harrington Brooks our full and final was accepted funds paid over and completion cert within 6 weeks great firm very sympathetic
full final paid over 29/2/16 cc arrived 12/4/16 its all over

Twiglet

Post by Twiglet » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:59 pm
Thank you all! Still can’t believe they’ve accepted it! And yes, HB were fab and sympathetic to our needs. I didn’t know this was an option, they put it forward for us. I’m not overly worried about the completion cert right now, certainly won’t be getting any credit in the near future so not like I need it immediately anyway!
13 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”