10 months+12 maybe (due to equity), but feels like struggling...

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
7 posts Page 1 of 1

Jasmin.75

Post by Jasmin.75 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:04 pm
Hello again! From my last post of hoping to offer F&F, things changed. So my husband and I decided just to continue paying our IVA as we only have 10 months plus 12 months maybe due to the equity in our mortgage.
As always, there is an annual review being done,request for Annual review letter received from DFD 01.9.17, and so we have sent documents needed including the recent payslips of extra work I did, just the same as last year, all of these documents where posted via 1st class signed for.
Then we receive a letter from DFD last 27/9/17 requiring us to send my P60 or week 52 of my extra work in which I sent 28/9/17 via 1st class signed for received 29.9.17 by a A.Hill.
But today 3rd Oct. I received the same letter again stating that if we do not comply with the requirement the IVA will fail. I have tried ringing DFD but their contact number no longer work. So today, I have sent them the same documents with the copies of the documents I sent last week with post office reference too. I am just worried as I have read in this forum that DFD is already owned by another company is that right? So how come the letters I received are still in their name and have they got any contact number that you know,please? Anything else that I should do? this worries me and its not healthy for me as I suffer from high blood pressure. Please help.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:16 pm
Hi. From reports Fairpoint ( DFD's parent company) is in administration, but DFD itself has been sold, lock, stock and barrel to Aperture, who are to contiue to operate it as a going concern. Reports say that the DFD staff have also transferred with the company. A forum member did try to contact Aperture, who denied any knowledge ( but this was a week or so ago). Information might have filtered down by now.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Jasmin.75

Post by Jasmin.75 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:33 am
Thank you Foggy.
Now, I have tried tracking the documents I posted last 3rd October, and they are being returned to sender(me) according to postoffice trwck and trace. But as I mentioned in my post here, the documents I sent 28th September were received and signed by a A.Hill on the same address I used for both postage.
I have tried contacting DFD line no longer working. I even tried Aperture's number lead me to loads of choices of * key and number but to no avail.
Please help, anyone experiencing the same problem with DFD?
I have proofs that I sent all documents needed but I am worried as i cannot even get hold of DFD or whatever the new company is now, to inquire.

Jasmin.75

Post by Jasmin.75 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:00 am
Hi! I managed to get find number of Aperture, this may help other DFD customers, 03339397919. Spoken to customer service lady name Joan, helpful and reassured me not to worry and to expect delays as Aperture have no full access of all DFD customers yet. Took my number,and say they'll get in touch, just hoping that i get a call back...i will patiently wait.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:45 am
I would think Aperture will be careful about failing any DFD cases until they have the full caseload migrated across to themselves. However this does not stop you from being nervous and you did the right thing by contacting them. I am sure you will be fine as Aperture have a track record of taking on large books from other providers and no doubt are well used to these type of initial problems.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Jasmin.75

Post by Jasmin.75 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:31 pm
Hi to all! Need your expert advice as always. I patiently waited to hear from Aperture. So far, only an email welcoming us is what i have received 17/10/17.
Am concerned as we were due with our annual review last September and we are 9 months away (plus 12 maybe) from being debt free, hoping that will end smoothly. My question is , do i just wait (again) for them to contact us or do i need to call them to inquire what happened with our supposed review with DFD in September?
Keeping our fingers crossed for a smooth journey with Aperture.
Thank you.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:44 am
It would do no harm to give them a call. However, posters have had a mixed response to these attempts. Some have received assistance whilst some can't even get a reply.

As with the previous takeovers by Aperture chaos will reign for a while but it will be sorted in the end. I am afraid patience (perseverance and strong stomachs) are the key.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”