New to Iva help

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
10 posts Page 1 of 1

Nikki365

Post by Nikki365 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:29 pm
Hi
New to the forum and needing advice, my partner is worrying so much. my partner is seriously considering an Iva, with high debt level due to income not covering everyday living and I lost my job 2 months ago due to personal circumstances.
We’ve been using credit cards to pay rent and food.
My question is about our vehicles..
we have 2 my one I drive is worth less than £1000 and my partners is old and is in need of restoring, he keeps insured for the purpose of theft and fire. But in value it’s not worth a lot as it stands. Will he be asked to sell it? This vehicle is of sentimental value and it would break him if he had to sell it.

Nikki365

Post by Nikki365 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:39 pm
Can anyone recommend a company to use, there are so many, I’ve heard of step change and pay plan but I’ve heard they’re not the best.
Last edited by Nikki365 on Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:42 am
We're not allowed to recommend specific companies but you could speak to the forum sponsors Vincent Bond for some free advice and also have a look around the forum and see what people have said about other firms.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:13 am
I think Bankruptcy might be a better option for you, depending on your circumstances. You can keep the car in either option due to the low value.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:37 am
Unfortunately, as Kallis says, we are not allowed to recommend specific firms as Experts, but a look around the firum will show a couple in good light. Other members can, if they care to, recommend, based on their experience.

I would go for the smaller firms, rather than the IVA factories. Payplan is undergoing some change at the moment, which seems to be affecting the way it works and Stepchange does run an IVA fairly .. but do outsource them too, so you might not end up with them. Both firms have difficulties with scale and in giving individual attention.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Aisha

Post by Aisha » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:38 am
I am in the process of starting an iva. I did alot of research inro which company to go with. Alot of them gave me false information and basically advised me to commit fraud. The best one i found was mccambridge duffy try giving them a call they were very helpful with all the random questions i was asking and reassured me.

Lincolnshire123

Post by Lincolnshire123 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:59 am
I would certainly give mccambridge Duffy a call. They were brilliant with me within a month from initial phone call everything was finalised. But their advice and communication was brilliant and they weren't judgemental at all! Just made the first payment and can finally sleep at night

moira717

Post by moira717 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:45 am
I have been with step change for 6 months. No complaints so far. Everything dealt with within timescales, all queries dealt with quickly, so far so good!

tilly

Post by tilly » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:56 pm
Lincolnshire123 wrote:
I would certainly give mccambridge Duffy a call. They were brilliant with me within a month from initial phone call everything was finalised. But their advice and communication was brilliant and they weren't judgemental at all! Just made the first payment and can finally sleep at night

My iva was with Mccambridge Duffy, they were great from the start to the finish, give them a call.

Radish

Post by Radish » Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:31 pm
I was with DFD (who are now in a change of ownership I believe?) and most of my problems where caused by my finances fluctuating and changes in circumstances during the time - not by them...If you pick a recommended firm and are consistent throughout + frugal - you wont have any problems.
IVA complete March 2014 after 6 years.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”