feels like its never going to end

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
8 posts Page 1 of 1

Flapjack

Post by Flapjack » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:20 pm
I feel a little down in the dumps at the moment, with Christmas just completed and limited funds always hurting....but its the way it is
I will be entering my 4th Year of my IVA and the light at the end of the tunnel is still a long way off, it feels like the 18 or 19 mile mark in a Marathon.......not the start of the middle or the end
I guess I just need a few words of wisdom from some of those on here who have been at this mile marker........I feel like I'm stuck in the mud of the IVA just waiting for the February paperwork for the I&E then push on again .....is this normal or just me being silly and stupid

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:26 pm
No, you're not stupid or silly - we've all been there. You can see the end! Keep going and this time next year you'll be almost there.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:31 pm
Perfectly normal. Flapjack. We all had / have our down times when it just feels like too much. But we take it one day at the time, not dweklling on the "next 12/ 24 / 36 months" but celebrating the last 12 / 24 / 36 months" we have managed to survive. You have passed the halfway mark. Do not dwell on it and soak up all the "we did it" and "it was worth the agony" posts you see on here. Your mood will lift as the mornings get brighter -- that light really is closer than you think.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

watzki

Post by watzki » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:58 pm
We always felt the same way in January,but in a way found these next couple of months the easiest.
Keep been positive and the time will fly
Today 1st of December 2016 the vultures finally flew away

barassic

Post by barassic » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:10 pm
Know how you feel Flapjack. I too am in 4th Year of IVA As Foggy says don't look forward and see what is in front , look back and see what you have achieved.

IVAconfused75

Post by IVAconfused75 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:17 am
It is a struggle and feels like a noose around your neck, but well done for getting this far. Hopefully, not too long to go.
I could be wrong, but this is one area where there isn't I guess any emotional support, like there is for health conditions etc...
Entering a long term financial binding agreement is two fold; making the payments, plus the stress and anxiety it causes to a person.
Remember, everyone's level of emotional tolerance is different and may find it harder to cope with through the years than others.
Getting out of debt is a good thing. Maybe with a little tweaking from the IVA big companies, they could lend a bit of their departments to a support line for their clients. Just a bit of official assurance, there is light at the end of the tunnel.

FormerlyST1100

Post by FormerlyST1100 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:54 am
Stick in there Flapjack, it is something that is a load of ups and downs, as I found out myself BUT there is light at the end of the tunnel.

I was lucky not to have any equity in my property so mine lasted 5 year not 6 so had to wait 12 months after the end for it all to disappear from my credit records.
I am now around two and half year after the completion with an Excellent Credit rating back and accepted straight away for a 4% car loan for the replacement car I bought a couple months ago.

Before the IVA I would just go out and spend money on credit cards to pay for holidays but the IVA taught me to control that and the Credit card I have is paid off in full each month with just enough going on it to help my credit records.

The support on here is excellent from those that have been through it themselves plus those Experts that give advice.
Good Luck

jonathah

Post by jonathah » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:09 pm
What kind of a state would you be in if you hadn't gone up the IVA? It would have to be worse, surely. Think of it that way.

Whatever, an IVA is a way out of trouble and you're nearly there.

You'll be fine,,,,,inevitably!
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”