I’m considering an IVA with either Freeman Jones or McCambridge Duffy

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
14 posts Page 1 of 1

stmw

Post by stmw » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:30 am
Hi!

Just joined the forum and looking for some advice.

I’m considering an IVA with either Freeman Jones or McCambridge Duffy - can anyone offer reviews on their experiences with both companies?

Thanks in advance!

tilly

Post by tilly » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:46 am
stmw wrote:
Hi!

Just joined the forum and looking for some advice.

I’m considering an IVA with either Freeman Jones or McCambridge Duffy - can anyone offer reviews on their experiences with both companies?

Thanks in advance!
Hi,
we went with McCambridge Duffy they were very helpful from start to finish, I would definitely recommend them, hope this helps.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:46 am
We have very few complaints regarding either of those companies. McCD operate under the "R3" terms and conditions and FJ use the "Protocol". Both are, basically, pre-agree standard terms and conditions. If you are a homeowner and they use an edition of the Protocol after and including the 2014 version then, on equity release, you will need to consider a secured loan as an option, in addition to remortgage or a 12 month extension. In earlier editions and the R3 terms that McCD currently use, as far as I am aware, the equity release is a remortgage only or the extension. This is a point I would specifically ask of each to get up to the minute information.

Hopefully a few members who use either firm will pop along with specific experiences .............
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

stmw

Post by stmw » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:55 am
Thanks so much for your quick replies.

I rent privately so don’t have a mortgage to worry about. I do have a HP car agreement which I’m hoping can continue if this was to go ahead.

MerlinL14

Post by MerlinL14 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:21 pm
stmw wrote:

I rent privately so don’t have a mortgage to worry about. I do have a HP car agreement which I’m hoping can continue if this was to go ahead.
The HP agreement is secured lending on the car, so you will have to put this to whichever company you decide to go with. It will be an important part of the decision so don't just take someones word for it, get it in writing. Once the HP term ends you will be required to put that monthly amount back into the IVA as an increase in payments.
Last Payment made 04/12/14. Completion Certificate 25/7/15. IVA company GT. No Issues

stmw

Post by stmw » Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:57 pm
MerlinL14 wrote:
stmw wrote:

The HP agreement is secured lending on the car, so you will have to put this to whichever company you decide to go with. It will be an important part of the decision so don't just take someones word for it, get it in writing. Once the HP term ends you will be required to put that monthly amount back into the IVA as an increase in payments.

Hi - yes I’m aware of that - Thankyou :) - that wouldn’t be a problem paying the extra because I wouldn’t be paying it for the car once it’s all finished.

I’m quite torn about who to go with - I’m going to speak to both on Tuesday

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:23 pm
stmw wrote:
MerlinL14 wrote:
stmw wrote:

Hi - yes I’m aware of that - Thankyou :) - that wouldn’t be a problem paying the extra because I wouldn’t be paying it for the car once it’s all finished.

Ask each specifically how they would deal with the car. Also ask each if, should the need arise, you are ale to speak directly with your supervisor ( the IP ). At the end of the day it will be who you feel more comfortable with.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

stmw

Post by stmw » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:00 pm
Foggy wrote:
stmw wrote:
MerlinL14 wrote:

Ask each specifically how they would deal with the car. Also ask each if, should the need arise, you are ale to speak directly with your supervisor ( the IP ). At the end of the day it will be who you feel more comfortable with.
Thanks so much :)

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:39 am
Let me know if you want a 3rd opinion.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

stmw

Post by stmw » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:23 pm
Hi Lisa,

Thank you so much however ive started the process of the IVA with McCambridge Duffy.

Fingers crossed this will be our ticket out of debt reliance and a happier future!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:53 am
You've picked a good company who come highly recommended on here. Good luck and let us know how you get on.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:22 am
Best of luck.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

stmw

Post by stmw » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:30 pm
kallis3 wrote:
You've picked a good company who come highly recommended on here. Good luck and let us know how you get on.
Thankyou! :)

stmw

Post by stmw » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:31 pm
Lisa Thomas wrote:
Best of luck.

Thanks so much!
14 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”