Completion Certificate Delays

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
27 posts Page 2 of 2

Tony.mac

Post by Tony.mac » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:01 am
We made last payment June 2016 which was 5th year did not receive C.C until March 2017 and that was the date they put as being completed. Now selling our house to find the RX1 restriction still on property. Land Registry were very helpful and made checks if they had received notice to remove it and they were adamant they had not, although IVA company stated they had !!! Not a happy bunny to say the least as during the IVA we are expected to bide by rules & regulations yet the IVA company can do what they want .

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:05 am
Tony.mac wrote:
We made last payment June 2016 which was 5th year did not receive C.C until March 2017 and that was the date they put as being completed. Now selling our house to find the RX1 restriction still on property. Land Registry were very helpful and made checks if they had received notice to remove it and they were adamant they had not, although IVA company stated they had !!! Not a happy bunny to say the least as during the IVA we are expected to bide by rules & regulations yet the IVA company can do what they want .
I hope the IP has now sent in a new RX4 to release the charge as a matter of urgency !
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Tony.mac

Post by Tony.mac » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:20 am
Yes they did this on the same day I contacted them to be fair and they sent me a copy of the paperwork but it can take anything from couple of weeks to three months so hoping it does not affect sale of house. The IVA company are NTF who appear to be one of the better company's compared to problems that other people have on here.

Grayson.sc

Post by Grayson.sc » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:59 am
Last week we paid our last amount into the IVA which is a major mile stone and one we should be celebrating. However, before getting over excited I wanted written confirmation of the process and what to expect. We are now with creditfix (transferred from Knightsbridge a few months ago). after several emails and phone calls we finally got an email to confirm that March would be our last payment and that the certificate should take up to 2 months from then. I guess we will have to wait and see. We have received no communication other than this and have heard nothing since making the last payment. We are a little apprehensive about cancelling our payments although we do now at least have the email of confirmation.

Also, whilst we are on the topic, Do we need to wait for the certificate before looking at getting a very basic credit card to start building up out credit. We build up a few hundred pounds most months on work travel expenses etc of which we claim back every month. We thought a card for just this purpose would be an excellent way to build up our credit without having to use our money. Does this make sense and is it a good way to look at it?

Many Thanks

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:06 pm
Grayson.sc wrote:
Last week we paid our last amount into the IVA which is a major mile stone and one we should be celebrating. However, before getting over excited I wanted written confirmation of the process and what to expect. We are now with creditfix (transferred from Knightsbridge a few months ago). after several emails and phone calls we finally got an email to confirm that March would be our last payment and that the certificate should take up to 2 months from then. I guess we will have to wait and see. We have received no communication other than this and have heard nothing since making the last payment. We are a little apprehensive about cancelling our payments although we do now at least have the email of confirmation.

Also, whilst we are on the topic, Do we need to wait for the certificate before looking at getting a very basic credit card to start building up out credit. We build up a few hundred pounds most months on work travel expenses etc of which we claim back every month. We thought a card for just this purpose would be an excellent way to build up our credit without having to use our money. Does this make sense and is it a good way to look at it?

Many Thanks

To be fair, although lousy at communication, Creditfix do tend to complete fairly swift. Most firms tend to go quite at the end and often forget they are dealing with real people.

The plan with the credit card is a good way to get some positive history on file, but you do need to wait until you have that completion certificate as you are bound by the IVA until that time.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

esgt1967

Post by esgt1967 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:44 pm
Tony.mac wrote:

That is really bad - we are due to make our last payment in December and I really dont want to have to wait until next September to get our completion certificate! The IVA completion date should be 6 years from when it started and I will be contacting the relevant people when the time comes to make sure this is the date that is recorded. As you say, we have to adhere to all the T&C's for 6 years (in our case) and it isnt asking too much of the IVA firms to issue the CC as quickly as possible is it?

Pied piper

Post by Pied piper » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:55 am
Was with DFD but transferred to Aperture. Made a F&F on 8th December. No sign of certificate or real idea of when I will get it. Just get told it's in the pile and they're really busy!

katanauk

Post by katanauk » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:51 am
Good to see that they can do it --- let's hope it is a sign of things to come.

recovering

Post by recovering » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:42 pm
Completed last year. Had CC from Creditfix really fast 2 weeks and that was a bit delayed by slow email traffic! CF get that right at least!

Jones16

Post by Jones16 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:49 am
I was with Step change. Paid my last payment on 1st March 2019 and much to my amazement and delight I have received my completion cert in today's post. I don't have a mortgage and was a solo iva (my husband hasn't got one).

Going to go buy a lottery ticket for tonight's lotto now 😁

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:33 pm
Good news - I hope you win!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

sue934

Post by sue934 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:44 pm
Yes, get that lottery ticket Jones! I was with Stepchange and they were super- quick with my certificate too. They were always very organised, asking for relevant info well in advance, and it paid off!
27 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”