So Close I can Taste It

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
11 posts Page 1 of 1

Waitingforship

Post by Waitingforship » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:09 pm
So I have hopefully made my final payment to my IVA which started with Simple Debt Solutions and was subsequently taken over ny Creditfix. I tried to finish it early and went for a CF sister loan which forwhich now I am grateful was rejected. So I’ve done 6 years which includes one year in lieu of equity on our house. I should be elated but all I feel is flat. I phoned up CF and spent a half leave day trying to get through. Only to be given a completely generic “What happens now is ......... blah blah blah”. No Answer as to whether I should cancel my DD or continue as normal. So I sent an email the gist which was “I have today made payment number 72 to my IVA. My was for the term of 60 months with an additional 12 months added in lieu of equity.

Please can you advise me what the next steps are to complete my IVA? Do I cancel my Direct Debit? Will you be performing any further reviews. Is there any paperwork for me to complete with yourselves?

I would like to thank you in advance for your response and for assisting me through what has been an extremely tough six years. I hope now I can look forward to a debt free future using all the budgeting skills acquired during the course of my IVA.

Kind Regards,”

Need I do anything else?

MerlinL14

Post by MerlinL14 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:17 am
I would cancel the DD, but not spend the money. Having poor or no communication with your company has got to be passed frustrating! I hope that you get the answers you need, but I would give them a week and then write a formal letter of complaint, send it recorded snail mail. Good luck.
Last Payment made 04/12/14. Completion Certificate 25/7/15. IVA company GT. No Issues

abbiesmum2003

Post by abbiesmum2003 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:28 am
We WERE (thats so goid to say!!) with Creditfix.
Communication is not their strong point and customer is always a last point of contact!!!
We made 60th payment in june and like you told them I had done so and cancelled DD.
We were going through the equity release stuff and had been approved so felt confident to cancel DD until CF sorted their internal issues out.
Our F&F loan was approved by Creditors and 3 weeks ago our iva was completed.
I never heard a word from CF to confirm they had received the funds and no reply to my emails....then last Friday our CC arrived...just like that! I think in the background they are fairly efficient (lose use of the word-haha) but they just dont have a focus on communicating with customer and keeping us in the loop.
I would guess they are closing your iva and one day soon your CC will just drop on doorstep! Email them to say you have paid all contracted payments, cancelled DD and expecting closure of your IVA. Doubt they will reply but at least youll have made contact.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:12 am
I agree with Merlin - put the money to one side just in case,
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Ryan

Industry Expert

Post by Ryan » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:28 am
Best of luck in getting things completed asap.

Regards
Ryan Radford
IVA Mortgage Expert
Zebra Money Centre

IVA Mortgage advice needed? Looking at Right to Buy and completed IVA still on credit files ?

Contact me at http://www.ivamortgageexpert.co.uk or via the expert page

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:02 pm
Agree with all that has, thus far, been said. CF are at the forefront of abysmal customer service, seemingly treating us as, at best, an irritant. However, they are not alone and many firms forget, at the point of completion, that there is a human being with their life on hold, waiting for what, to them, is practically the Holy Grail !
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Nikl

Post by Nikl » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:39 pm
I find with Credit Fix, if you email the closures department directly, you get a response. I have an email for a member of their team and contact them. I get a response, although it’s still like getting blood from a stone in terms of answers to things.

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:59 am
Great to hear finsl payment has been made. Well done and enjoy debt freedom. Fingers crossed the closure process will be smooth and certificate issued soon.

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:20 am
Send your query in writing. Tell them you have cancelled DD in anticipation of closure.

It might also be worth filling in this form:

https://www.creditfix.co.uk/customer-ar ... /closures/
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

Waitingforship

Post by Waitingforship » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:39 pm
Thanks All for your kind words and as usual your advice. I’ll email again and write. I’ll update when they get in touch.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:44 pm
Fingers crossed!!
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk
11 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”