Lack of income

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1

suzan

Post by suzan » Mon May 04, 2020 7:53 pm
Hi all
I have got a problem that is really bugging me , I had my review back and they say my income is £930 can earn up to amount but can earn £200 less most months so really struggle to make ends meet and put money away for intended sundries and direct debits and food
My earnings are made up of pip and tax credits with the disability element so don’t earn millions

My earnings for last year was just under 10,000 there was only 2 months where I earned over , this makes it look like I have more disposable income , so they put up the monthly payment so in theory I can’t afford to live and makes it hard for the unexpected household item , I tried to explain this but didn’t get anywhere I was told to save the extra when it’s a good month ....that could be at Xmas time when there are extra shifts ...hope I’ve said this right but very stressed with lack of income due to getting ssp for a previous surgery , I said I would make my payments as don’t want the extra months to lag on
Hope I’ve explained myself properly.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon May 04, 2020 9:18 pm
I would speak to your IP again and ask them to explain how they came by these figures and and ask them to do another review.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue May 05, 2020 8:07 am
I would suggest that you drop Ian Williams an email at ian.williams at financialwellnessgroup.co.uk (was Freeman Jones) . He will be able to get this looked at and explained to you.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Financial Wellness

Industry Expert

Post by Financial Wellness » Wed May 06, 2020 8:46 am
Hi Suzan,

Your IVA should absolutely be affordable and leave you enough to live on (that's the point of it in many ways), so I am sorry if we've got this wrong somehow. We certainly don't want you to be worried or stressed about it. As Foggy kindly says, drop me an email to ian.williams at financialwellnessgroup.co.uk (or my old freemanjones.co.uk email still works too) and I'll ask one of the team to get in touch to review your Income and Expenditure.

Please do get in touch so we can get this sorted for you.

Thank you, stay safe and well.

Ian
A member of the team at Financial Wellness Group (Formerly Freeman Jones ) - www.financialwellnessgroup.co.uk

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Wed May 06, 2020 6:05 pm
Great having the experts on here to provide reassurance they are here to help. Hopefully Ian will be able to help and resolve the matter.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

abbiesmum2003

Post by abbiesmum2003 » Wed May 06, 2020 9:12 pm
Hi Suzan
Im
so glad to see Ian has been in touch.
Please get in touch with him and get this reviewed.
An IVA is not meant to leave you with nothing.
It shouldnt put you into more financial hardship.
It should leave you with sufficient to live on-not necessarily luxuries but should be better than before the iva.
Please get in touch with him and go through budget with fine tooth comb amd make sure everything you are entitled to as an expenditure allowance is applied to your budget.
Hope this does get sorted for you. Please get back in touch with the outcome. Take care.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”