After 15 months on IVA, I have an F&F question

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
36 posts Page 2 of 3

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:32 am
Good luck with your offer Simpson1- £5k is a promising one I feel.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

simpson1

Post by simpson1 » Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:47 am
Thank you so much! Fingers crossed :D

simpson1

Post by simpson1 » Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:45 pm
Is this a spam reply from Igordgi? I’ve deduced that it’s Belarusian….

Google translates it to: “ Can I contact the administration?
This is very important.
Sincerely.”

I had two other responses yesterday from ‘Viktoribfg’ but I can’t see the details which worries me.

Is this forum secure & confidential or should I be concerned about the details I’ve shared? 🙁 if so, I’ll delete and stop using the forum for help. (Such a shame if I have to).

TIA

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:52 pm
All have been deleted and you have nothing to worry about.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

simpson1

Post by simpson1 » Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:54 pm
Thank you so much.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:55 am
They register and post just like any other user --- but are removed fairly quickly.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

simpson1

Post by simpson1 » Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:24 am
Ok, thank you.

simpson1

Post by simpson1 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:00 pm
Hi All,

As predicted CF are behaving in an dishonest way. In the last week I’ve had these 3 issues (I’ve not even been able to get to the F&F stage yet!)

1. I was told by Creditfix last week that I’m 2 months behind on payments (I’m not!!); however when the lady looked into it further she could see that their system did not reflect that I pay on a 4 weekly basis. Now corrected apparently. They have twice asked me for my bank card details (I presume in an attempt to try and take extra made up amounts from me; I’ve seen that others have experienced this too)

2. I called yesterday to discuss the income and expenditure forms they sent me as they hold inaccurate expenditure data (a kind man manually updated these for me over the phone and is sending me new forms so I can complete my review). The inaccurate data worries me though; I’ve read emoloyee reviews on Glassdoor that their employees are encouraged and incentivised to alter debitor files by adding extra amounts due, changing I&E info & changing the term (more on this in my next bullet point…) and essentially getting more money from people).

3. AND NOW THIS! I got through to the Asset Team to discuss initiating the F&F process and the lady seemed disgruntled by the fact I wanted to do this (very strange… I want to pay all the money now instead of over a longer drawn out period, surely it’s a no-brainier for them?). She then asked me what figure I’d be proposing which I told her (based on my calculations of the remaining payments and the 15 payments I’ve already made and as per the paperwork I have).

The lady checked the system and told me that that would be too low as my IVA is for 66 months (plus another possible 12 for possible inability to release equity from my home). My IVA is and always has been for the term of 60 months with a possible 12 months extra. I sent them the approved paperwork I hold plus all the pages showing my Creditor meeting notes (they asked for my Chairman’s report, but surely they should have this as a part of the file migration from Financial Wellness Group? Funnily enough they didn’t offer to share with me where the 66 months came from as it’s 100% not in any of my proposals or agreements. They are now investigating… I emailed today to chase and copied on Mike Roper in the hope that he can help sort and expedite this mess.

HELP! Any suggestions for other ways to sort this mess. I just want to pay the F&F figure and move on with my life. It’s making me unwell- both mentally and physically.

Thank you in advance.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:47 pm
Often the duration definition of a 60 month IVA IS listed as 66 months --- that's to allow 6 months for the completion paperwork to be sorted post final payment. Note this is duration, NOT payments --- the last 6 months being a no payment period. I assume whoever you spoke to didn't understand what she was talking about ( which increasingly seems to be the norm these days) .

Also F&F offers made by homeowners do, typically, include the 12 months in lieu of equity release, but are often reduced anyway to account for time saved (hence running expenses saved) and the 'bird in the hand' assurance. CF commonly try to dissuade smaller offers as, of course, they affect their fee.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:55 pm
You could make an official complaint, first to your IP and then to the IPA ( his regulatory body ) via the Government Gateway. See here: https://www.gov.uk/complain-about-insol ... actitioner

The IPA can't deal with CF as a firm, but can deal with your IP and, often, the threat of this will focus the IP on sorting the issues out.

simpson1

Post by simpson1 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:48 pm
Thank you.

Interestingly, 15 minutes after I posted on here I got a very confusing reply to my email. So, now I’m not sure what number to use to calculate my F&F. HELP, please (again!) Surely I still work on the basis of 60 months + 12 months? Or are they saying to work on the basis of 66 months + 13 months (to account for the fact I pay them 4 weekly?

Good evening,

Trust you are well.

Thank you for your email.

It is with great concern that we received your email outlining the problem you had with our service. On behalf of Creditfix, I would like to personally apologise for your inconvenience. We look forward to giving you the best service possible.

Please be advised that we were liaising with your Insolvency Practitioner(IP) regarding your query.

Kindly be assured that no GDPR has taken place, as you have mentioned in your below email.

We do have the paperwork that you have sent screenshots of, already on your file. Please find attached your proposal and chair's report.

We do acknowledge for the payment in your IVA to be for4 x £178.00 , 56 x £90.00 and 12 x £90.00.

As per your IP, the payments in the IVA was scheduled to be for 4 x£178.00 as per your approval documents and then they drop to £90 a month for 56 months. There is an estimated further 12 payments of £90, but this is subject to change depending on the equity review which takes place 6 month to expiry (so this has not yet been confirmed).

However, as you pay 4- weekly, there are 13 lots of 4 weeks in a year, which is why there are 66 payments on the payment schedule, and why the figure is slightly less than was approved, you are paying the 4 weekly figure, not the monthly figure. Your IVA is still 5 years, it is not 66 months, it is 66 payments, but you do not pay monthly but 4-weekly.

Kindly advise if you now wish to be advised on how to proceed with the full and final offer so we may ask the relevant team to assist you further.

[/i][/i]

simpson1

Post by simpson1 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:52 pm
And to simplify things and expedite them am I able to request a F&F figure from CF or is the expectation that I calculate this myself based on what I think is a ‘good/fair’ offer?

I’d prefer to have a figure (and calculation from them) rather than possibly waste time going back and forth with offers.

I suppose once I know how they’re calculating it, I’ll be in a better position to move forwards.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:01 pm
It is your proposal, not theirs and they have to put it forward.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

simpson1

Post by simpson1 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:35 pm
Yes sorry, I didn’t explain myself very well. I know that I have to provide the proposal but can I request a settlement figure from them? If not, which calculation should I use to work it out? Monthly or 4 weekly?

I pay CF 4 weekly which is where they got confused with the term of my IVA (60 months) vs payments due (66 payments).

Thank you

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:56 am
I now see where they are going with this, and, as much as I hate to admit it, they are correct and the IVA is for 66 payments over the usual 5 year run. Actually 5 years at 13 payments a year is 65 !

A settlement figure from them would be a different beast, as a settlement is based on the remaining actual debt, plus fees and possible statutory interest. It is not their place to suggest a full and final offer, which is an offer based on the remaining payments plus 12 ( or in this case 13) extra payments in lieu of equity release. As I said before, often this amount is reduced to reflect savings. It does not, in any way, need to be the full amount of remaining payments ( which could change anyway .... up or down).

It is your offer to make and CF has to pass this offer onto creditors, for it is for creditors to decide, NOT CreditFix. That said, the higher the offer the happier, and more likely to accept, the creditors will be.

With any other company they would have snatched your hand off on an offer of £5k regardless, but CF is one of the more avaricious firms out there and have already been heavily criticized in the courts for their fee-centric ethos.
36 posts Page 2 of 3
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”