Opening an account

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
10 posts Page 1 of 1

Irma

Post by Irma » Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:58 pm
Hi.
I want to open an account with my Mum with maiden name and put the address of my parents. Can i do that?

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:55 am
You can try, but it might fail a credit check and could also be viewed as fraud, depending on the reasons why you wish to do this and account activity. On balance it is probably not a good idea.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:11 pm
Agree with foggy- it will.look very suspicious. For what purpose do you need an account ? What is it you are trying to hide ?
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:07 pm
Plus it could also affect your mothers credit rating if you try to do this.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Ipsy

Post by Ipsy » Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:11 pm
Hi

I had to create another account as my original got banned. I dont kbow why.

Answer to your question. I am not hiding anything. My parents are nearing 80 amd want to put aside some money for my brothers son. Hes in greece. Not for me.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 5:58 pm
Appreciate you are not trying to hide anything but the company may not look at it in that way. I don't think you should be doing this - it will not go down well with your IP company if they find out.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:06 pm
Your original account is still showing as active, so I do not know what has happened there.

Although you have a valid reason, you still have to weight up what it might look like to your IP and creditors and, in any event, I still think that you will be rejected as you will not show on the electoral roll under your maiden name at that address.

You could open an account in your brother's sons name with you and your mother as trustees. I assume you are thinking of a building society account, rather than a bank account, which would be more open to helping you and it might be worth a chat with a couple.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Ipsy

Post by Ipsy » Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:00 pm
I might try that. Or mayb iy.brother can give hus bank details amd my dad can put koney in his account. But i know my parents will keep pestering me to open an accpunt with my mum in my maiden name as i will be renewing my italian passport at some point and they only issue with maiden name. But i dont want them to know im in this. I just feel so shitty that im in this cos my friend f***ed up. I was crying a bit todqy.😒 i just want to get throught this.

Ipsy

Post by Ipsy » Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:49 pm
This perskn just replied and i dont understand what it says

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:35 am
It was spam which has now been deleted and nothing to worry about. It's normally from Russia
Bob Marley.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”