Price of living

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
7 posts Page 1 of 1

diego_sucre

Post by diego_sucre » Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:11 pm
Not so much a question but a wonder how many of us will cope with all the price rises. Luckily I’m going into my final year of my IVA but with everything going up, I think I will struggle to pay 75% of what I pay in the next review. I do hope most firms are understanding but I can’t see many peoples payments going up this year :?:

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:02 pm
Unfortunately it seems easier to get your IVA payment increased than it is to get it reduced !! But, yes, I hope that due consideration is given to the unprecedented increases we are going to see.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:49 pm
I agree - so glad I am not going through this now and I hope everyone gets through this difficult period ok.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:19 am
I totally agree - difficult time for everyone, and sadly I can see more people having to reach out for debt solutions. Budgeting and sticking to a budget is all well and good when prices are static, but they are erratic right now and I am unsure myself how people will manage.

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Jessie91

Post by Jessie91 » Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:27 pm
With the household bills are rising and the wages not upping it’s a tough time at the moment. I just had my contract phone, energy supplier, and soon enough council tax bill all rise this month and my part time wages remain the same.
Im hoping all our Iva’s they will understand how can this be possible to afford all of this?
I’ve found I’m having to budget even more so now because of these bill rises and juggle what I can do to make sure everyone is paid and still providing for my home and daughter.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:33 pm
Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:27 pmJessie91 wrote:
With the household bills are rising and the wages not upping it’s a tough time at the moment. I just had my contract phone, energy supplier, and soon enough council tax bill all rise this month and my part time wages remain the same.
Im hoping all our Iva’s they will understand how can this be possible to afford all of this?
I’ve found I’m having to budget even more so now because of these bill rises and juggle what I can do to make sure everyone is paid and still providing for my home and daughter.
IPs and creditors will have to face the fact that, if they do not reduce payments when all these things go up, they might get a lot less if, for instance, you decide to go bankrupt, or enter a DRO instead.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:49 pm
I feel for everyone right now. Even with 2 good wages coming, affordability for anything but day yo day living is going to be non insistent.

I've spent today listing loads of bits on ebay or marketplace just to try and get some extra money for our holiday this year. It's going to be a tough 12 months!

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”