Re mortgaging

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1

kieser

Post by kieser » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:51 pm
Hi everyone,its been a while.My apologies for probably not being able to find a post regarding this issue but i have looked,im coming into my 4th year in my iva & my terms state i have to remortgage in the 4th year to pay off the lump sum.Im starting to worry now as i have no idea how to go about remortgaging & worried that i wont be able to raise the amount needed to pay my iva,any suggestions where to go 1st would be much appreciated.Many thanks

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:03 pm
Speak to your IP for confirmation but you should get an up to date valuation and mortgage redemption figure to quantify the equity currently in the property. If there is equity and you cannot raise it the likelihood is your IVA may be extended by twelve months. If there is no equity the IVA may actually cease after 60 months. However, your IVA may have stipulated a minimum dividend so your IP only can explain how your individual proposal is affected.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

kieser

Post by kieser » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:51 pm
Thanks for the replies,ive had my mortgage for 7yrs,we borrowed £75,000 for mortgage & £20,000 secured loan on it.recent survey done on house suggest approx value £125,000.my iva lump sum to be paid is £34,000.
My worries are even though im in full time employment of approx £17,000 my partners business is struggling severely in todays climate & she is at the moment seeking full time employment,current business salary is about £14,000 & i dont know if we will find anyone to remortgage with our current situation.

Welsh Boy

Post by Welsh Boy » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:12 pm
kieser

If your property is worth £125,000 and you have £95,000 secured against it you are going to have a lot of difficulty capital raising in the current marketplace. Tony
F.P.C. 1,2,3 Qualified
Financial Planning Certificate
CeMap Qualified
Whole of Market Mortgage Broker
Managing Director : Debt Advisory Bureau
Debt Advisory 4U
Principal : All Mortgage Products

Directly Authorised with FSA :304244

kieser

Post by kieser » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:29 pm
Any suggestions Tony?

Welsh Boy

Post by Welsh Boy » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:15 pm
kieser

Speak to your IP first and then contact your existing lender.

Explain to them you need to capital raise to clear your iva and how important it is to be able to do so. By working with you they would be making things more affordable for you and surely that has to be in their interest. Best of luck.Tony
F.P.C. 1,2,3 Qualified
Financial Planning Certificate
CeMap Qualified
Whole of Market Mortgage Broker
Managing Director : Debt Advisory Bureau
Debt Advisory 4U
Principal : All Mortgage Products

Directly Authorised with FSA :304244
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”