Sudden knightmare after IVA completed in August

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
23 posts Page 1 of 2

OllieB

Post by OllieB » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:45 pm
Hi All,

I'm in huge panic and hoping somebody might be able to help.

I went through the IVA process earlier in the year thanks to Melanie and the IVA advice bureau. I've just been looking through my credit file and noticed i have a fresh default on my record from wescot. I called them up and they basically said "Yes thats right...we've not been contacted by anyone from any IVA agency". I looked at the original paperwork i sent to Melanie's team and sure enough, wescot are listed for a £3195 debt. I've since looked at the certificate which Melanie sent through a few weeks ago and in the breakdown Wescot are missed out ! For some reason, this debt has been totally overlooked even though i definately sent the details through to the IVA advice bureau.

To be honest this has sent me into a total frenzied panic. I now have wescot on my back again asking for their £3195. I have no idea where to turn.

Any help appreciated

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:49 pm
Hi
Don't worry, they will be bound by the IVA and I am sure that Melanie's team will sort this for you very quickly
Regards
Andam Davies

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:53 pm
I know it's easier said than done but try not to worry. Give Melanie's office a call tomorrow and I'm sure this will be sorted out easily for you.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:15 pm
I agree, you'll be fine. Mel's office will sort this out for you.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Shining

Post by Shining » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:49 am
I too feel confident that a call to Mel's office today will sort this out for you.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:42 pm
I have already dealt with this matter with the poster concerned in a private e-mail, but thought that I ought to post something here in order that people did not think I have avoided responding.

This is a case specific matter, which will be fully investigated once my file is returned from archive storage, and if we have made a mistake I will put that right.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:25 am
We would never think that Mel.

Glad it's being sorted.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:19 pm
It is just possible that Mel isnt a robot and can occasionally make an error.
Not sure that coming onto a public forum rather than just contact her directly was the way to resolve such a matter though.
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

Max

Post by Max » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:27 pm
I entirely agree with the last words - any query such as the original poster's should have been dealt with direct to Melanie off line; Melanie Giles is a first rate IP - the best in my view and she deserves better than an alledged error made public without first consulting her. She is certainly not a robot and if a mistake has been made then Melanie will see to it that it is put right - mistakes do happen.

Max

Post by Max » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:37 pm
PS we have all made mistakes - big ones - othewise we would not be here!

simon38

Post by simon38 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:48 pm
I am currently applying for an IVA with the assistance of Melanie's team, in fact I have a telecon this afternoon to discuss the figures going into my proposal before it is sent out to me. I would just like to say that regardless of how this thread reads I have absolutely no worries about my choice of IP. I have spent a LOT of time reading this forum over a number of weeks to make sure I made an informed choice of IP, I am more than happy with the decision I have made. People do make mistakes occasionaly, but what I find encouraging is that what ever the background to this ommision may be, the lady at the top is jumping in to deal the problem! Says a lot to me that does.

Max

Post by Max » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:50 pm
Exactly!

OllieB

Post by OllieB » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:05 pm
I just want to clarify something....I wasn't coming here to criticize Melanie or put her service down. She and her team were exceptionally professional and I wouldn't hesitate in recommending them to anyone. I posted here as soon as i found out about the outstanding debt. I was in a panic and needed advice from somebody who had possibly been in a similar situation. Where better to get advice at 9pm other than a forum ?
Last edited by OllieB on Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Julie

Post by Julie » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:11 pm
Hi Ollie, I never read it as a critiscm.

A lot of the time posters know they need to contact their IP's but as you say at 9pm you may need a bit of support from the forum. Thats what we're here for.

Glad it's been sorted out, and I'm sure other people will benefit from knowing that even if creidtors are seemingly missed out (for whatever reason)then they are still included in the IVA.

Good luck with your IVA.

OllieB

Post by OllieB » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:21 pm
Just thought i'd give an update.....

The reason this debt was missed off the final IVA is not the fault of my IVA practitioner or me. It's actually wescot's fault. In my original debt list, i included the 2 wescot debts but when the the IVA advice bureau chased wescot for settlement figures, they could only find the 1 account. The other account was nowhere to be found so it was obviously not included. I have spoken to wescot 3 times since i discovered all this and it turns out that the other account was "On another system because it's with a different department and not all staff have access to that system". Although it only took them a couple of minutes to locate the account, it didn't appear when they did a simple search based on my address.

So im a bit stuck now. Wescot are not saying that they're not bound by the IVA, they just want to see some documentation. I've thought about sending in my certificate and chairmans report and hoping that they close down the account. The only reason they didn't get their share is because they failed to confirm their claim.

Stuck between a rock and a hard place really :( Feel quite down about this, i was really hoping to have all this behind me a long time ago
23 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”