Security questionnaire query

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
12 posts Page 1 of 1

missy80

Post by missy80 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:35 am
Seen a job with an MP - which I have a history of doing so thinking of going for it. But would I pass this security standard? (It's all changed since my day haha!)

From the job advert
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See www.w4mp.org/html/msvo/main.asp for further info.

And the form from September
http://www.w4mp.org/html/msvo/MSVQ_2010Sept.pdf

Hope someone can help me,

Thanks

xx

Tina Shortland

Post by Tina Shortland » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:39 am
Hi missy80 - there is no reason why you wouldn't but it depends on the specifics of that standard whether it refer to an IVa or not. Clients in IVAs have got security clearance for jobs but its always best to check the specifics of the one you are going for - you have nothing to lose either way so best you try anyway!

Good luck with it and keep us posted :-)
Regards, Tina Shortland, Debt Advisory Manager for Melanie Giles at Debt Advice TV.

If you’re looking for effective debt related information, articles and news, then go now to our on-line advice service at www.debtadvicetv.com

If you’re ready to ask us for specific advice or help, then get in touch at www.call-me.debtadvicetv.com so you can start to free yourself from the stress and anxiety of overwhelming debt.

animaleyes76

Post by animaleyes76 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:42 am
You should be okay as Tina says.

I got SC level security clearance for the MOD in my IVA. The only thig was that i had to complete an additional financial questionnaire.

Just make sure you are COMPLETELY honest as they WILL find out if you aren't :)

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:42 am
Hi missy80, nice to see you again.

Having had a very quick look at the links you provided I could see nothing about financial history.

You could make an anonymous call to check but otherwise I'd go for it! You've nothing to lose!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

missy80

Post by missy80 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:43 am
It doesn't seem to have any specific questions about financial history but I guess you never know. Knowing my luck I would get it and be rejected!

Thanks for your reply

xx

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:44 am
You'll be fine missy - go for it!
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

Tina Shortland

Post by Tina Shortland » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:45 am
Be positive!!!

:-)
Regards, Tina Shortland, Debt Advisory Manager for Melanie Giles at Debt Advice TV.

If you’re looking for effective debt related information, articles and news, then go now to our on-line advice service at www.debtadvicetv.com

If you’re ready to ask us for specific advice or help, then get in touch at www.call-me.debtadvicetv.com so you can start to free yourself from the stress and anxiety of overwhelming debt.

cmjw78

Post by cmjw78 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:43 pm
You would struggle to get the more advanced DV clearance thats required for jobs in the likes of SiS, GCHQ, etc (as I found out recently) but you should be fine to get SC clearance with an IVA as this is a fairly straight forward background check that's more interested in any criminal convictions, country of origin, etc.

Good luck :)

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:52 pm
Doesn't sound as though this will be a problem. A basic CRB check does not look at finances at all.
Bob Marley.

paulf

Post by paulf » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:53 pm
hi, I am in the military and I have just completed my second SC clearnce, as stated previously, all that required is more info about your finacial history and its all in complete confidence so please do not worry. they are not allowed to discuss this with any other person/office without your express permission.
Hope this helps.[:D]
Onwards and Upwards...

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:20 pm
One (of the many) points of these clearances is to check if you have any skeletons in your cupboard which could make you a soft target for "pressure". If you are upfront about everything then you are demonstrating that this particular skeleton is no threat.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

martine123

Post by martine123 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:12 pm
Hi, They may ask you to complete a financial questionnaire as someone has already posted. As long as you are honest about your IVA then it should be ok. I got SC clearance when I was in the middle of IVA, I get financially reviewed by the civil service security dept every 18 months. If you pay off your IVA early then you need to let the Security Dept know this and include any correspondence you have at your review. They do it to protect themselves and you. Likewise if there's any vairiations to your IVA keep a copy of all the letters and unlcude them at your reviews. I wouldn't worry about it, just remember to be honest. Good luck.
12 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”