Washing machine broken. Cracked tooth. Payment break ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
32 posts Page 1 of 3

Gillian.nn

Post by Gillian.nn » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:17 pm
I'm in the middle of an IVA expires September / October 2012 but my washing machine has broken, and I've cracked a tooth. I have no spare money, would I be allowed a payment break, I have never missed a payment, and if I was granted it would I put the missede payment onto the end of the payment schedule or make a pro rata payment each month to compensate

Lisa2009

Post by Lisa2009 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:22 pm
Hi an welcome.

A payment break would be possible but obviously you will need the permission from your IP so give them acall as soon as you can
http://mrsskint.blogs.iva.co.uk/ 'Our Story'

Nil carborundum illegitimi

Gillian.nn

Post by Gillian.nn » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:24 pm
OK thanks, have already sent an email, should i wait on that, oh just call then anyway

Thanks for taking time to reply, having a bad day today, all getting too much

kazzafunk

Post by kazzafunk » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:35 pm
Hi gillian - call them - they may be too busy to give you an answer straight away but this is causing you stress. Have you tried freecycle for a washing machine?
Kazza

Please visit my blog:
http://kazzafunk.blogs.iva.co.uk/

IVA completed 21/03/2012

Gillian.nn

Post by Gillian.nn » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:37 pm
No, dont know of that site I will have a look, ok I'll ring them when I leave work (cant really talk things through here) open plan office, and have a look on freecycle - thank you very much

kazzafunk

Post by kazzafunk » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:39 pm
No probs. Also my dentist will allow us to pay over 3 months for work so may be worth asking them?
Kazza

Please visit my blog:

IVA completed 21/03/2012

Gillian.nn

Post by Gillian.nn » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:43 pm
i see you have only just started your IVA, at least I'm almost four years in, thanks very much for the advice, was feeling a bit on my own, till i found this site,

kazzafunk

Post by kazzafunk » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:51 pm
It's a fab site. I have had a lot of help, advice and friendship over the few months I have been a member.

Yeah thanks for reminding me I am at the beginning!! lol. You should be proud of yourself of getting so far and fingers crossed the last months will pass with no hiccups.
Kazza

Please visit my blog:

IVA completed 21/03/2012

liamjames

Post by liamjames » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:03 pm
Hi Gillian,

Freecycle is a great idea from kazzafunk - I got an old TV and a table that way.

Give your IVA company a call to make sure they get on it straight away. If you're not already in arrears then you may not even need to ask your creditors for permission... a quick phonecall will set your mind to rest.
Take care,

Liam James
Varden Nuttall
http://www.vardennuttall.co.uk

Read our reviews here: http://www.iva.com/iva_companies/Varden_Nuttall.asp

Gillian.nn

Post by Gillian.nn » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:06 pm
Oh this really is a useful site, and I've struggled and not talked to anyone for four years (well almost) No not in arrears, have never missed a payment, always paid by direct debit and every month on time.

Thank you vry much for your time, I will phone when I'm at home

MrsKnight

Post by MrsKnight » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:10 pm
Hi Gillian & welcome to the forum from me.

Tooth ache is horrible, I really feel for you hun. I hope you get sorted with a payment break soon, I can not see it being a problem as you are well into your IVA & have no arrears. Plus these things to happen & being in a IVA makes it hard to sort them out.
My washer went a few months back, luckily my mother in Law had a spare one, as I would of needed a payment break. Then our rust bucket of a car was going to cost 1500/1600 to repair, so we are currently on a 2 month payment break as it was obviously! better to buy a 2nd hand one.
Its the first time I had requested a payment break & was a little worried about doing so. But my IVA company were brilliant, authorized it straight away on first contacting them. I am repaying it back so much a month on top of my IVA payment, so to clear it in time for our 4th review.
Final IVA payment made in April 2013, never ever thought we could do it or get through it but we did! X

An IVA.co.uk Mentor is someone sharing from their experiences of dealing with debt

Lyns x

Broke of London

Post by Broke of London » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:57 pm
These things always seem to happen at the same time!! I'm sure your IP can help. I recently had loads of work done on my teeth and the NHS is really cheap if you can find a dentist. x

Shining

Post by Shining » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:35 pm
Hope you get your payment break sorted and get the washing machine sorted and your tooth both are very important and I'm sure a payment break will be granted. To either tag it on the end or if you can pay a little extra per month to catch up so to speak is also an option. x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:55 pm
Hi and welcome from me as well.

Hope you manage to get your tooth sorted - nothing worse than toothache!

Did you have any luck with Freecycle?
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Gillian.nn

Post by Gillian.nn » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:53 am
Good Morning, thank you all for the positive threads, I did not know people could feel this kind against a stranger. I've never though of my IVA on how many months days left but what a good idea, and something to focus on. I really appreciate all your help Thanks again
32 posts Page 1 of 3
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”