Trying to pay off my IVA

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
23 posts Page 1 of 2

amfrain

Post by amfrain » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:02 pm
I am in an IVA with Melanie Giles and now I have split up with my husnband we have managed to sell the house and have enough equity to pay off our mortgage, the secured loan and all the IVA. Problem is, we are getting nowhere fast! I have been trying to get a settlement figure for over three months now and still keep getting told its not been done yet! If we dont get this sorted in the next couple of weeks, we will lose the house sale and most likely be made bankrupt and then no-one wins! Has anyone else had any issues with getting a settlement figure from this company? Its seems crazy that we can give them all the money owed and yet they are constantly stalling to the point that we may end up with no sale!
Wake each day with a renewed hope, surely it got to get better..

Tina Shortland

Post by Tina Shortland » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:08 pm
I have escalated this to Melanie immediately to address. I am sorry you have had to post on here due to such a delay and Melanie will investigate straightaway.
Regards, Tina Shortland, Debt Advisory Manager for Melanie Giles at Debt Advice TV.

If you’re looking for effective debt related information, articles and news, then go now to our on-line advice service at www.debtadvicetv.com

If you’re ready to ask us for specific advice or help, then get in touch at www.call-me.debtadvicetv.com so you can start to free yourself from the stress and anxiety of overwhelming debt.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:11 pm
You should contact Melanie as this sounds very unusual for her firm as they are always extremely professional in their dealings with clients. It is possible that they are awaiting confirmation from creditors that the sale proceeds will close the IVA or something similar but I am only guessing.

I am sure there is nothing to worry about and there are plenty in Melanie's office who will be able to help but if in doubt contact Melanie herself. She is one of the most approachable IPs and will not fob you off.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:37 pm
I have noted this post and am investigating, but so far as I am aware all figures were provided to your solicitors two days ago. I am out of the office for most of the day, but will endeavour to discuss this with my colleagues and come back to you privately.

I not wish to discuss your case on a public forum. There will be reasons for the historic delay - and it is simply not in our interests to not deal with these type of issues on a timely basis.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

hth

Post by hth » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:51 pm
Glad to have been able to help you with this Anne-Marie, once you had explained your dilemma to me when you called I was convinced that a post on here would get results, although what a shame you had to go to such lengths to make anything happen. I note that you joined the forum to find some guidance before you entered your IVA, how poetic that I was able to steer you back here to resolve your problem, assuming it does get resolved now.

I can understand Melanie not wanting to dicuss things in the open forum, although in my opinion "but so far as I am aware all figures were provided to your solicitors two days ago" does have a resemblance to discussing your case in the open forum.

Anyway, I do hope everything is resolved to your satisfaction and that your decision in 2010 http://www.iva.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TO ... hichpage=1 proves to have been a wise one.

Please let us know how you get on, it will be good to learn that the sale of your house goes through and your IVA is settled.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:58 pm
Sorry hth but what info have you provided to the OP?

Melanie prefers to discuss things off forum and I'm surprised that the OP has gone somewhere else for advice.

Which company do you work for?
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

hth

Post by hth » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:45 pm
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by kallis3

Sorry hth but what info have you provided to the OP?

Melanie prefers to discuss things off forum and I'm surprised that the OP has gone somewhere else for advice.

Which company do you work for?
Hi Jan, thanks for the warm welcome, to answer your questions;

1) I merely directed the OP to this website, although it was a stab in the dark I felt sure it would have the desired effect, it seems I was correct.

2) I can fully understand why Melanie would prefer to discuss things off forum and I think the OP went elsewhere out of desperation, 3mths is a long time to wait for a settlement figure, even though there can sometimes be valid reasons for delays. Luckily the OP found me and I was able to thread a way through the problem.

3) Not sure I can see the relevance of this question Jan, I gave the OP some good advice and came here to see the result.

regards

Mike

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:50 pm
Just wondering which company you work for?

Mel's clients know that they can always contact her and her firm at any time and I don't think she will be happy that a client had to go elsewhere.

The OP obviously had been on the forum beforehand anyway so why would you want to point them in this direction?
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:51 pm
Judging by the well put together posts I would hazard a guess that Mike, aka hth, might be re-registered.

Another mystery ... how exciting [8D]
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:52 pm
We just love 'em!!
Bob Marley.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:56 pm
Ooooh it's just like the X Files on here tonight!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:57 pm
I love a good debate!!!
Bob Marley.

kazzafunk

Post by kazzafunk » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:57 pm
Don't you just love some days on here!!
Kazza

Please visit my blog:
http://kazzafunk.blogs.iva.co.uk/

IVA completed 21/03/2012

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:04 pm
Oh yes!!

Doesn't help the OP though who does need to speak to Mel and I have emailed her asking to look at this thread.
Bob Marley.

hth

Post by hth » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:32 pm
Not sure just what I've done to rock the boat here, perhaps someone can explain.

The OP contacted me to ask for advice because she had been trying for 3mths to obtain a particular response from Melanie and her team, as she stated she is 2weeks away from losing a buyer for her house, which, if completed will allow her to settle her IVA and move on with her life.
I could have directed her to a higher place but I am aware that this would almost certainly have dragged on timewise, therefore not the best advice. I am aware that Melanie is a somewhat prolific poster on this forum and since the OP was getting absolutely nowhere using the conventional route I suggested joining and creating her own thread on here, I felt sure she would get a response before the weekend was out. I was not aware that the the Op had previously joined this website, no doubt she herself had forgotten, after all it is some time since she joined, she probably only realised when she entered the site today.

Some time late the OP phoned me to say thank you for my suggestion, Melanie had exceeded my expectations and responded within the hour, all was being dealt with, job done.

I came here later just to view the thread and see for myself, not much wrong with that I'm sure you will agree. I then realised that the OP had indeed joined the forum some time ago and I looked at the original thread.

Then I decided to join the forum and make a post, that's it really, no mystery, no secrets. I work in the industry and have done for 6yrs.

Thank you for the compliment Foggy, much appreciated, I'm only aware of re-registered because I saw a post by them in the OP's original thread, so not sure what you mean by that, I've never registered on this site before today.

Jan, not sure if you've read the whole thread but Melanie is already in touch with the OP, hopefully my input has helped to stop an IVA failing, surely that's a good thing.
23 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”