When it rains it pours - Attention Payplan.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
108 posts Page 2 of 8

brokebryn

Post by brokebryn » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:01 am
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by Rosepetal

hi, we've been thinking of you. glad you posted about PAYPLAN again,this is awful.

makes us feel so glad we didn't use them(we went to the CAB 1st,they refer people onto Payplan).

thankfully we researched & went with Melanie Giles.

come on PAYPLAN.this need sorting out!
Hey Rosepetal, thanks for pointing that out - again. When I started my IVA Payplan were the flavour of the month, everyone spoke highly of them, so I also did my research and, on the basis of an informed and objective decision, decided to go with them. Only when it cuts to the chase do they drop the pleasant veneer and reveal themselves as what they really are - people who are just essentially 'interested in money'. I applaud your decision to put your fate in the hands of Mel who has at least got the balls to be identified as an individual and come on here to offer her advice and wisdom to all and sundry. Well done, Mel! But right now I have had enuf of this **** and enuf of being treated like a ****ing criminal, so it's anyone's guess what will happen next.
Last edited by brokebryn on Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Last monthly payment made 3 June 2013 after 6 long years. CC issued 21 August 2013, but, er, lost in the post. Finally got it 17 September.

brokebryn

Post by brokebryn » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:05 am
Thank you Mel, your post obviously crossed with mine. I am not interested in what some front person from Payplan has to say. Let's just permit matters to take their course right now.
Last edited by brokebryn on Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Last monthly payment made 3 June 2013 after 6 long years. CC issued 21 August 2013, but, er, lost in the post. Finally got it 17 September.

brokebryn

Post by brokebryn » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:30 am
I sure as hell don't want to be seen as running after my IP - I asked in an email for a personal conversation with him and in the reply the issue was not even addressed. Let's just forget the whole conversation took place, or rather did not in this case. Enough silence and potential future flannel from Payplan - like Kurt Russell says to the only other survivor in the final scene of John Carpenter's 'The Thing'....'Let's just stick around and see what happens'.......

tobymoz

Post by tobymoz » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:28 am
Hi there - so sorry things are going from bad to worse for you. I also had a huge - well it feels huge! car bill yesterday - £380. I am currently off work due to numerous problems which I am sure are stress related.

I am however making the most of the time off - putting loads of unwanted stuff on ebay today to try and cover the car bill - can't face the thought of having to ask Payplan if I can miss a payment to cover it as I know it will have to be paid back somewhere along the line.

This bankruptcy thing is so worrying to all of us who are with them - why would they want to do this to someone who has paid 5 years into an IVA - am I missing the point somewhere - I thought we went into this to save our homes or we would have just gone bankrupt in the first place?

It's exhausting just thinking about it all and the endless possibilities - no wonder we get depressed when we can't get clear answers. Sorry - now I'm ranting!

Rosepetal

Post by Rosepetal » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:55 am
hi again. sorry if my post sound like repeats,understand your frustration etc.

the aim of my posting is to BUMP your thread up the list.

PAYPLAN shame on you for not dealing with your client like a human being,the stress must be dreadful. all very negative publicity!

BUMP!!!!!!
Nothing stays the same...everything changes..hang on in there!

brokebryn

Post by brokebryn » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:30 pm
Thanks Rosepetal! xx

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:38 pm
This really is unacceptable behaviour from payplan,its not that hard to communicate with your customers who keep you in business!!!!!(albeit via creditors).

Come on just talk to people!!!

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

Julie

Post by Julie » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:37 pm
Payplan really need to pick this up and respond without any further delay!

Tina Shortland

Post by Tina Shortland » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:25 pm
Hi Brokebryn - I know you must be fed up to the back teeth and very angry but you owe it to yourself to fight for answers and do all you can to prevent the possibility of bankrupcty. You want this to be over asap but it won't be if you go BR. I am sure that won't happen anyway but you have the right to get answers and it is very poor that you are not getting responded to.

We are all so helpless in being able to help you directly but we are all behind you in hoping you get a positive resolution and want you to be treated fairly and with respect.

Don't be beaten down Brokebryn.
Regards, Tina Shortland, Debt Advisory Manager for Melanie Giles at Debt Advice TV.

If you’re looking for effective debt related information, articles and news, then go now to our on-line advice service at www.debtadvicetv.com

If you’re ready to ask us for specific advice or help, then get in touch at www.call-me.debtadvicetv.com so you can start to free yourself from the stress and anxiety of overwhelming debt.

brokebryn

Post by brokebryn » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:43 pm
I'm not beaten down Tina, and others, indeed far from it. It is just that it can't go any further at the moment.

A guy from Payplan called me yesterday, the team leader of my case officer, and he told me effectively the same as I had already heard:

1. The clause about bankrupting clients goes into all variation proposals where equity exists in case the creditors wish to take that option in order to maximise their dividend.

2. If the creditors do vote against the variation, Payplan have a dedicated team who will seek to 'negotiate' with them to get the 'best deal' for me.

3. The creditors may not be satisfied with the dividend they would recieve from the extra 12 months in lieu of equity. They may therefore decide to bankrupt me or impose new conditions for the IVA to complete successfully - going beyond a 12 month extension, for instance....

4. I again pointed out that Payplan were on shaky ground legally in terms of not making this clear right at the start of the IVA processin order that potential clients could make properly informed decisions about: a) IVAs in general, and b) the prospect of taking one out with Payplan who operate this policy - which is concealed from potential clients and simply sprung upon them in year 4 or 5.

5. I disputed the argument that these things essentially revolved around and were dictated by fluctuations in the world economic climate as, so the arguemnt ran, no one could have predicted back in 2007, when I took my agreement out with Payplan, that the housing market would develop as it has done in the recession and that it would be impossible to release the equity - a course which seemed feasible in 2007. I thought this was a laughable argument, a 'non-point' effectively, and said so, as no one can predict how the economic climate will develop - hence 'possible or actual fluctuations in the world economic climate' is not a suitable or logical or mathematically / scientifically sound basis for any principles or policies...

Anyhow, he was as accommodating as he could be, and perfectly civil, even if he did not, or rather was unable, to tell me anything new.

So , like I say, I am hardly being beaten down; I just have to wait on developments now and take it from there.

[xx(] and [:(!] and [B)]

Tina Shortland

Post by Tina Shortland » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:54 pm
Glad to hear it Brokebryn - I thought your previous posts read like you were but glad to see you are taking it in your stride with what you have to go on. :-) ...is that a black eye on the last smiley??
Regards, Tina Shortland, Debt Advisory Manager for Melanie Giles at Debt Advice TV.

If you’re looking for effective debt related information, articles and news, then go now to our on-line advice service at www.debtadvicetv.com

If you’re ready to ask us for specific advice or help, then get in touch at www.call-me.debtadvicetv.com so you can start to free yourself from the stress and anxiety of overwhelming debt.

brokebryn

Post by brokebryn » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:58 pm
Yes, there isn't a smiley for a £900 car repair bill.....

Tina Shortland

Post by Tina Shortland » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:00 pm
I think those 3 pretty much sum it up!

Rosepetal

Post by Rosepetal » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:23 pm
PAYPLAN, BUMP!
Nothing stays the same...everything changes..hang on in there!

SuperGert

Post by SuperGert » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:41 pm
How rude that Payplan have not bothered to reply to this post.
108 posts Page 2 of 8
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”