my proposal....a question

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
30 posts Page 2 of 2

vimto1029

Post by vimto1029 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:50 am
Oh dear, thats not good is it! He could have left a note through the door at least! Lazy sod!!
I'm feeling really anxious as you can imagine! After yesterdays good news I really want today to be just as positive!
I've got a meeting at work at 10 so that will hopefully keep me a bit occupied and then I will be straight on the phone and straight to the smoking area lol
How's your proposal looking?
When you make a mistake, don't look back at it long...the past cannot be changed. It is the present and future that counts

ditzydoodle

Post by ditzydoodle » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:55 am
ill be thinking of you....make sure you post the good news !!
proposal is looking ok - going to be tighter than what im used to and obviously some sacrifices to be made but hey its all for a good result eh ? ive read it 3 times and been up most of the night and i think im happy with it. one more read through i think after a cup of tea and a smoke

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:02 am
Things will be tight to start off with - you've been used to using credit and of course that's not available anymore. It's an enjoyable challenge to get things as cheaply as you can and it's a brilliant feeling when you have money left in the bank at the end of the month.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

ditzydoodle

Post by ditzydoodle » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:11 am
im always up for a challenge K !! ive got a box file and a cash book and one of those home file things to keep all my paperwork in order for my annual reviews (assuming i have one !!). going to get organised and keep in that habit. going to be a steep learning curve i think.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:18 am
It is hard at first but you soon get used to it.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

ditzydoodle

Post by ditzydoodle » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:24 am
its got to be done and at the end of the day its a better alternative to the way ive been living

vimto1029

Post by vimto1029 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:29 am
We've noticed a significant change since we started the whole process. We used to be left with literally no money for about a week before payday..but the last month or so we've found ourselves with £20/£30 left! It feels strange but nice! We've, actually, I've been trying to bulk bargain buy etc and spend more wisely lol
When you make a mistake, don't look back at it long...the past cannot be changed. It is the present and future that counts

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:33 am
Best way to be!!!
Bob Marley.

ditzydoodle

Post by ditzydoodle » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:49 am
paperwork all signed and envelope sealed ! trip to the post office shortly.......no going back now ...... aaaarrrrgggghhhh

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:55 am
As long as your're happy ditzy. Once it's returned to them then you should get a meeting date very shortly and it's usually 16 days from the date of receipt.

Won't be long now!!
Bob Marley.

ditzydoodle

Post by ditzydoodle » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:02 am
ive been over and over and over the figures and i understand about the equity that i may have in my house one day. council tax isnt an issue because they have made allowances elsewhere to cover the shortfall. the proposal is over 6 years not the normal 5 but thats been discussed at lenth on the phone. yep think im happy with it.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:13 am
If you do have to try and release equity but can't, will your IVA continue on for an extra 12 months in lieu of that equity?
Bob Marley.

benny333

Post by benny333 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:16 am
hope all goes well ditzy x

ditzydoodle

Post by ditzydoodle » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:21 am
thanks benny x

Rosepetal

Post by Rosepetal » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:28 am
you'll soon get into a budget. having food £ each wk still gives me a buzz!

we save spare shopping £ (if there is any),copper in a roses tin for my little dogs injections & 50p coins for hubby's BIG birthday - a while off yet but planning ahead lol!
Nothing stays the same...everything changes..hang on in there!
30 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”