Full and Final offer now on hold due to VAT querie

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
10 posts Page 1 of 1

norabee

Post by norabee » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:01 pm
Hi

I have finally had a response on the Full & final offer from DFD, however we are now being told that all F&F are on hold (across the board with every IVA company) until HMRC sort issue with VAT.... does anyone know the timescale on this issue or am i being fobbed off again?! lol sorry but starting to lose faith !!!
thanks xx

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:05 pm
I've not heard of them being put on hold across the board,

There is no reason why the offer can't be put forward even if completion is delayed.

We have had offers accepted recently on here.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

vince666

Post by vince666 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:12 pm
I'm pretty certain there is no regulatory guidance to put F&F on hold, rather that this is an internal policy of DFD - Melanie or another one of the IPs will be able to confirm.

There's nothing necessarily wrong with them having this internal policy, but if it is just an internal policy they should be telling you that - the IPA Code of Ethics Code requires an IP to "always report on his acts and dealings as fully as possible given the circumstances of the case, in a way that is transparent and understandable. An Insolvency Practitioner should bear in mind the expectations of others and what a reasonable and informed third party would consider appropriate". This sounds like yet another example of a large company failing to observe the regulatory guidelines.
Completion certificate received 31 March 2012.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:27 pm
I don't see any reason why a F&F can't be put forward and I can't see any reason why it can't be accepted, even if there is a PPI claim going through. At least the IVA payments would be completed even if the completion letter wasn't forthcoming.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

housewife12

Post by housewife12 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:28 pm
Hi i dont think their on hold with every iva company as our f/f is on wednesday and we have heard nothink saying it wont take place on that date.

norabee

Post by norabee » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:32 pm
I will phone them again on tuesday!!! the amount ive spent on calls to them recently is going to be huge!!! lol. i got the impression i was being fobbed off... sadly this has been ongoing for a while now and im starting to lose patience..... its very frustrating.... :(

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:39 pm
I'll forward this thread to Declan to see if he can assist at all Nora.
Bob Marley.

Broke of London

Post by Broke of London » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:19 pm
Good luck for next week Norabee! I hope you can get this sorted and progress with your offer x

Chris30

Post by Chris30 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:05 am
Hi, my f&f was 2 weeks ago and I've not heard anything about vat.
As for your phone calls costing you, have a look online as there are sometimes an alternative free phone number. I know there is with payplan and it gets you through to the same people.

Hope you get this sorted soon.

MRBLUESKY

Post by MRBLUESKY » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:40 am
The VAT issue could cause a delay in your IVA being closed down and you recieving your completion certificate,but a F&F offer should,nt be effected and if accepted your payments would at least finish early,sounds like your being either fobbed off or discriminated against.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”