Awkward month to start

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
11 posts Page 1 of 1

Jay C

Post by Jay C » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:31 am
Quite frustrated at the moment, just have to be patient.
I have started the IVA process but what a month to do it, April when everything involving finances is up in the air.
Have to wait until next week now to go over final figures for proposal as tax codes are changing and have also been informed I am having a salary review at work.
Oh well.

Kelly O

Post by Kelly O » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:40 am
Hi Jay.C

I understand this is fraustrating for you, but it really is essential for the IVA to based on accurate figures to avoid any problems going forward.

Hopefully you get good news this week and the week will go quickly for you:-)
Regards Kelly Osadare Debt Advice Manager at www.pjgrecovery.com (host to www.melaniegiles.com.)

PJG Recovery have a free online advice channel at www.debtadvicetv.com. If you are ready to ask us for specific advice or help, then get in touch at www.pjgrecovery.com/contact-us.asp . I look forward to speaking to you.

Olivia Young

Post by Olivia Young » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:16 am
Hi Jay C

Kelly's right - it's better to go into your IVA with accurate figures. Once you have everything you need, your proposal will be drafted and you will only have a few weeks to wait for the decision.
Olivia Young | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

kat68

Post by kat68 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:05 pm
hi Jay c,
have to be honest and say i found the collecting of financial data and the changing of bank accounts to be the most stressful time out of the whole iva process, but time passes quickly even in an iva if your budget is managable from the begining,so it is important to get it right at this point, the next five years depend upon it. and it is so very worth it when all is accepted and your on your way living within your means again.
good luck x
kat

IVA accepted 6th May 2011, Full and Final accepted 17th April 2012.

Tina Shortland

Post by Tina Shortland » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:13 pm
I know its frustrating Jay C and you are eager to get it done and dusted but you know to give yourself the best chance all the i's need dotting and the t's crossing! Be patient... (easier said than done though I know) :-)
Regards, Tina Shortland, Debt Advisory Manager for Melanie Giles at Debt Advice TV.

If you’re looking for effective debt related information, articles and news, then go now to our on-line advice service at www.debtadvicetv.com

If you’re ready to ask us for specific advice or help, then get in touch at www.call-me.debtadvicetv.com so you can start to free yourself from the stress and anxiety of overwhelming debt.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:31 pm
You do need to make sure everything is right before you enter into the IVA.

As Tina says, be patient - it will all come right in the end.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Jay C

Post by Jay C » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:33 pm
Agree with all of you [:D]

Time to go over it all again and prepare for the next 5/6 years..

Broke of London

Post by Broke of London » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:02 pm
You could use this time to organise your new bank account if you haven't sorted that yet. And it gives yu a little longer to build the contingency if you've decided not to continue making payments. x

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:13 pm
It will soon be over and you will be in your IVA wondering what all the fuss was about ! Use the time to sort your bank account and direct debits out, and start to live life in your agreed budget so that you can manage your weekly household bill etc
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

ginger3232

Post by ginger3232 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:00 pm
As others have mentioned - sort out your new account - you may be lucky to be able to get a full account if you apply ASAP - and at the moment you dont need to mention anything about an IVA (as it has not been approved yet) - that way you can feel your doing something sorting out all the direct debits etc
Last edited by ginger3232 on Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:34 pm
Best to start a little later and get things right - based upon accurate figures - than rush things forward and take chances that your assumptions will eventually be right. Use the time now to put a little aside into a contingency fund, so you start off with a little capital behind you in case you hit a rainy day before those contingency funds have built up.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
11 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”