ppi post iva

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
141 posts Page 10 of 10

ginger3232

Post by ginger3232 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:19 pm
Without adding fire to this discussion -there was a recent (6days ago) report from the FOS about their concern about 6000 false PPI claims submitted via claims companies - statement says they are "looking into it" - so perhaps the tide is turning (i hope).
Last edited by ginger3232 on Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:48 pm
Since when was it up to the Financial Ombudsman to rule on an asset position with regard to an insolvency estate? Definately a new one on me!

They are right to be concerned about the PPI bandwagon - the culprits who know that they mis-sold policies - yes you all know who you are out there! - ought to face up and pay up to the parties who were wronged. It should not need claims companies to persuade them about this!
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

ginger3232

Post by ginger3232 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:22 pm
They were not concerned about IVA assets - more to do with the false claim that the claims companies are pushing through - hoping that the banks would pay them out. Some banks and lender signed an agreemnt last months refusing to deal with claims companies. Hopefully it will make genuine claims easier to process. Just reporting on an observation

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:05 pm
Well anyone making false claims deserved to get caught out in my opinion - just a shame these unwanted policies were forced on some people in the first place.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:19 am
I once saw a single premium policy sold to a soldier which excluded 'Acts of war'. It clearly stated his job on the loan application yet the lender still sold him the policy that cost thousands to repay over the term of the loan.

Would not be too hard to prove misselling in this case.
Last edited by Michael Peoples on Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

London Coool

Post by London Coool » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:12 pm
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by frankiebabe1

Hi all
i completed my IVA MaY 2011 whilst in the IVA i started a claim for PPI through a Claims management company who charged me 38% of any settlement to cut a long story short i was offered £10.500 but this was not settled until after my IVA was completed but i had to go to the financial ombudsman to get it since then i have also claimed another PPI missell resulting in a payment of £1.400 i therefore urge anyone post IVA to pursue claims for PPI miselling when you have completed.
Nice testimony.
141 posts Page 10 of 10
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”