iva ombudsman

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
51 posts Page 3 of 4

ginger3232

Post by ginger3232 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:08 pm
Daniel - see Terrys comment below - it doesnt appear that a credtors meeting was called - a change of heart on which option.

"i recently went through a company called cleardebt to help me with an iva,then found before the creditors meeting that i would be better going bankrupt,i have now asked for my paperwork back 3 times and no paperwork sent back to me yet,also they rang me and told me i now owe them £250 for the work they have already done,thats fine if it is in the contract about the £250 but seems a little unfair,im just letting other people know that is CLEARDEBTS POLICY ,so be careful if your concidering an iva or bankrupsy and decide which way is better for you,strange though as now cleardebt will be one one my creditors in my bankrupsy,thanks cleardebt"

Daniel Griffiths

Post by Daniel Griffiths » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:12 pm
Hi Ginger

I know of that post but what about his latest one

my letter says,quote,I CAN CONFIRM THAT YOUR IVA HAS BEEN APPROVED BY YOUR CREDITORS,internal complaints you say,that would help if they would listen to me,i actualy think the companys gone mad,i rang them about 2 weeks befor the creditors meeting to say,i would be going bankrupt and there services are no longer required the letter goes on and on then says they are giving me two weeks to decide wether i want to go bankrupt,am i in a bad dream ,anybody ????

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:17 pm
I wonder if a formal complaint has been made following the company's internal complaints procedure. This should be highlighted to the client at the outset of proceedings, and complaints usually have to be put in writing, highlighting the key issues of complaint and allowing a period of time for them to be resolved.

Rather than dipping in with advice about a situation we don't know the full background to, it is better to let Terry follow that procedure if it becomes necessary. I have known Mike Morgan for a number of years, and also know the IP at Cleardebt very well. They will absolutely want to see this issue resolved, so a little more patience is the best thing in the circumstances.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

ginger3232

Post by ginger3232 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:19 pm
Perharps they had a "children at work day" - that day !! :-) - clearly there confusion somewhere, so as mentioned before - a carefully drafted letter, outlining problems and what terry wants, is better that a heated phone call. And if the issues are not solved all the copies of letters can be forwarded to formalise the complaint.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:41 pm
We can all discuss the "ins and outs" of a situation we only know the briefest of details about ad infinitum.

However, it has been brought to Mike's attention and he is dealing with it. I am sure he will check thoroughly, given the chance.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Daniel Griffiths

Post by Daniel Griffiths » Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:18 pm
Hi

I for one don,t see it as Mikes problem, he works for the company he does not own it or makes its rules, last week when this was discussed on the bank holiday, I said that I hope Mike was enjoying his beer and burgers and I hope today Mr & Mrs Size 5 are enjoying the sunshine now we have some, however Cleardebt, not Mike have had last Wednesday Thursday and Friday to sort out Terry,s gripe either to or not to his satisfaction, I think its a mistake on their behalf not to have done, Mike was on the forum last week posting on other subjects this was never mentioned I for one had thought it had been put to bed, obviously not.

terry d

Post by terry d » Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:34 pm
well regarding the ,if i am now in an iva,that would have been without my consent,if by any chance i am,ihave looked on the insovency list and im not there ,i will have to not pay them for 3 months then i suppose the iva will be void,leading me to continue with my bankrupsy,if i find out monday im not in an iva as the letter states that i am, i will be asking them for written confirmation that im not

confusing to you,yeah and to me totally
Last edited by terry d on Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
never cment on me speling its rubbish and i didnt go to schola lot okk

made bankrupt 1st august 2012 at 10.00am
now disharged so bankrupt no more thank god im free of debt now

terry d

Post by terry d » Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:48 pm
i am acctully thinking of turning my recording off the phone call to the company to an mp3 and posting on youtube putting the link on here so you can all here,would that be against the law ?

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:51 pm
Was the person you spoke to aware that you were recording the call?

terry d

Post by terry d » Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:54 pm
no the phone call will be tomorrow and i will inform them that i will be recording it

Niobe

Post by Niobe » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:02 pm
I wouldn't recommend posting the link on here Terry unless Andy thinks it is ok.

terry d

Post by terry d » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:03 pm
update,going through my recordings i have found the recording to the company clearly stating that i do not wish to continue with the iva and am going bankrupt,the company said that will be passed on to the relivant department and they will call me back at 5pm,which they didnt,glad i found that

Broke of London

Post by Broke of London » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:08 pm
OMG calm down!

I understand how frustrating this is, but please give Mike a chance to respond. He may not have been able to post anything constructive last week due to colleagues' absences rather than his own!

Terry - the letter read to me that the meeting had been called and you now have a choice about whether or not you want the iva to take effect. My understanding differs from Daniel's in that I think (and do stand to be corrected) that there is a cooling off period and you are not bound by the mere acceptance, you have to sign a letter/form to formally accept the iva and then it becomes binding.

Please don't worry about being locked into an iva you do not want. My own view is that as all the work had been done, ClearDebt proceeded with the meeting to give you a choice right up until the very last minute. Should they have told you if this was the plan - yes they should have.

Now I'm no Poirot and just speculating, but it doesn't seem to me that anything detrimental has happened to you.

You could have just replied to the letter that you had opted for BR and would not be continuing with the iva!

terry d

Post by terry d » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:20 pm
when a company gets it so wrong from the start all the way through and wrong at the end im entitled to give them a bit of stick,as you would do any company,when i say im not entering into an iva and a company decides to go through with a creditors meeting,that shows you that the company is taking no notice of me a customer,i didnt want the company to give me a choice right up untill the last minute,id made my decision and told them 2 weeks prior to the creditors meeting,no means no in my book,

KAYKAY

Post by KAYKAY » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:14 pm
Terry I can understand your frustration, really, but PLEASE give the company chance to respond. Nothing, and I repeat nothing in business happens instantly, procedure and protocols (whether right or wrong) have to be followed. You asked Mike to look at your issues, just because he hasn't dropped everything to ring you back or e-mail, doesn't mean he isn't working on your behalf. Give the bloke a chance. As for posting any recordings on here or on You-tube, in my opinion (and I mean my opinion) I think you would be on a sticky wicket. It certainly wouldn't do your case any favours, if you eventually went down the financial ombudsman route.
IVA Completed August 2011
51 posts Page 3 of 4
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”