Up to my neck & rising...

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
147 posts Page 9 of 10

Kelly O

Post by Kelly O » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:36 am
Good luck from us, you are in good hands :-)

Best wishes
Regards Kelly Osadare Debt Advice Manager at www.pjgrecovery.com (host to www.melaniegiles.com.)

PJG Recovery have a free online advice channel at www.debtadvicetv.com. If you are ready to ask us for specific advice or help, then get in touch at www.pjgrecovery.com/contact-us.asp . I look forward to speaking to you.

TotalMoron

Post by TotalMoron » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:31 pm
Hi again all.

IVA proposal all went nice & smoothly, my creditors meeting is... 3 hours ago! Haven't heard a thing, not sure if this is a good sign or not.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:35 pm
Ring your IP company and ask them how it went. No point in staying on tenderhooks.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

TotalMoron

Post by TotalMoron » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:45 pm
Hmmm.

Just rang them. Accepted but with a proposed modification of an extra year. My dividend was low, so i'm not exactly shocked but it's tainted it a little. Still a far better position than i was in a couple of months ago though, so i don't feel too bad about it.

suky424

Post by suky424 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:49 pm
Congratulations ... I'm just coming to the end of my 4th year in an IVA. It's not been too bad, a lot less stressful that the debt and it went quicker than I expected. Just hope the last year doesn't drag.

At the end of it you'll be debt free ... imagine that (I often do)
Whoop Whoop!!

nomoremoney

Post by nomoremoney » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:02 pm
If there is any consolation to your contrition, the country's finanaces are in no better shape! 7 years probably more of unbridled austerity at least and coupled with foolish dogmatic spending cuts that aims to give labour the V sign than it is to fix the economy.

The western world is broke....debts are just racking up.Solutions from experts -Let's print more money?

Now your 26k of debt sounds like nothing to me. How about 99k of personal debt. I think I broke record here after kallis3....hahaa

You don't know the debt MESS the world is in to think your 26k is a life sentence.It is in the same measure as the sins the crucifix took away
Last edited by nomoremoney on Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

12 months to go

Post by 12 months to go » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:55 pm
well done TM

You have taken the first step to being debt free

also, whilst i havnt read all 7 pages of the thread so may have missed something, is there a chance you could maybe have a PPI claim that could be used towards increasing the money paid back to creditors, which may just see your term reduced near the end

Im not going to kid you, 7 yrs is a long time, but ive just finished my 6 yrs and the last few have flown

chin up, the creditor harrasment will stop and you will feel loads better

who knows DFD may even have sent me my completion certificate in 7 years time !!
Last payment made April 2012
Certificate received 1st Nov 2012

TotalMoron

Post by TotalMoron » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:44 am
I'm doing 6 years, not 7. My creditors have actually all been extremely understanding. I've been honest & explained my circumstances to them & i've had very little bother off them.

I can handle 6 years though, it's just taken the shine off it a little.

Shining

Post by Shining » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:49 am
Well done on acceptance and I hope the 6 years run smoothly for you.

A lot of people complete 6 years due to the equity clause too.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

josu

Post by josu » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:41 am
Hi TM, i have nothing else to add, you have had some great advice, i love this site. I am one of lifes worriers so when i am having a moment, which is often, i will grab a cup of tea and log onto this forum and reading how nice everyone is to each other seems to calm me down. Makes me feel like im not the biggest idiot in the world for doing what i did. My family and friends dont know, its just my husband and i and he doesnt really talk about it so sometimes i feel very alone but this forum has helped me out loads I am heading into my fourth year in a couple of months and i only found this forum a year ago, i only wish i had had it from day one like yourself!! Also, if you are 36 now, you will only be 42 when its all over and you are debtfree. Thats not old, you can do anything you want to do with a clean slate!

orchid5

Post by orchid5 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:48 am
Hi Josu and welcome to the forum, firstly you are not an idiot as you say, circumstances being what they are sometimes get us into the place we have found ourselves, at least you are doing something postive about it, i too like you stumbled across this site a year into my IVA and i'm very glad i did, it has been a wealth of advice, support and humour at times, something i think we all need in our lives. Good luck with your IVA, hopefully your hubbie will come round soon and talk to you about things. Take care and be safe. xxxxx
Om shanti, namesté, good luck to all who are embarking on the IVA journey, it isn't always an easy one but the outcome is the best.

IVA COMPLETED August 2012, received Completion certificate 18.4.13.

TotalMoron

Post by TotalMoron » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:37 pm
Just received a copy of my chairman's report. I was told on the phone prior that 50% of any additional income was mine to keep & 50% went into the IVA. However, my summary of responsibilities states, "You have agreed to pay 50% of any additional income, over and above 110% of the figure stated in the 'income' column..."

I assume that means i'm actually subject to the 10/50/50 rule?

Goosed

Post by Goosed » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:43 pm
Hi TotalMoron,

Looks like you will be subject to the 10/50/50 rule as your IVA will be protocol compliant.

Congratulations on your accepted proposal, six years is probably what lots of us in standard five year IVA`s will be subject too anyhow, as I doubt we`ll get remortgages when the time arises.
"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea".

Eric Cantona

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:38 pm
Surely this was included in your proposals and not simply modified in at creditors meeting? It is a pretty standard term these days.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

TotalMoron

Post by TotalMoron » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:16 pm
I looked & couldn't find a mention of it in there, but i had already been told that it'd be a 50/50 split, which i was fine with (but i'd obviously prefer 10/50/50.)
147 posts Page 9 of 10
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”