A QUESTION FOR MELANIE

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
12 posts Page 1 of 1

BECKY

Post by BECKY » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:05 am
Hi Melanie I made my last payment to GT in july. I got a phone call last night to say it was near to completion and that if I dont agree to GT putting in a ppi claim , which I explained Idchecked the relevant paperwork and U didnt have , that my completion would take longer as my creditors wouldnt sign off on it! Im confused I dont have it so why have I GOT to put in a claim. He ssid it was a simple putting a tick in a box and if I dont I will have to wait even longer for my completion certificate!

Niobe

Post by Niobe » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:24 am
Hi Becky,

I don't think that Mel will be able to help here - have you tried emailing Karol from GT who posts on here? She should be able to assist you.

Use this email:

ivacustomerservices@uk.gt.com and ensure that "IVA Forum" is all that is entered in the subject line of the email

She will get back to you.

BECKY

Post by BECKY » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:36 am
I was just after Mel's opinion as an Ip as to whether this was true

Niobe

Post by Niobe » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:26 pm
Unfortunately GT are dragging their heels with PPI claims. It might be simpler to sign the forms and wait for it to come back and say you don't have any claims.

Each company is working differently.

fingers

Post by fingers » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:52 pm
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by Niobe

Unfortunately GT are dragging their heels with PPI claims. It might be simpler to sign the forms and wait for it to come back and say you don't have any claims.

Each company is working differently.
To be fair its not just GT, I think its more complex as most IPS want to sort out the legal issues. My IP is Melanie and the ombudsman want the IP to sign the form for me to progress my HSBC claim further so my case has been on hold a few months, however you can see the legal problems here if they do that.

I believe Melanie along with other IPS are seeking legal advice on it but due to the complex nature its not that simple. I'm sure she is doing the best she can do, but for me my IVA is coming to an end next year and like others I want a resolution to things.
Last edited by fingers on Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Niobe

Post by Niobe » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:56 pm
Payplan have just done a mass variation so that the issues can be sorted and completion letters issued.

I think Mel is also issuing completion letters. I'm sure she will correct me if I am wrong.

GT and Cleardebt seem to be the ones dragging their heels at the moment.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:32 pm
It seems that it might just be GT now as David Mond has posted about Cleardebt's resolution.

orchid5

Post by orchid5 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:07 pm
No it's also DFd as they aren't issuing completion certificates either due to this blasted PPI fiasco.

I have spoken to the ombudsman this am to be told that to allow MY complaint to go forward my IP has to sign a letter or written interest, give a copy of my IVA agreement in order for a creditor to pay out what they themselves have said they would. Some hope of this as my IP can't even answer any of my emails!! Nothappy.com
Om shanti, namesté, good luck to all who are embarking on the IVA journey, it isn't always an easy one but the outcome is the best.

IVA COMPLETED August 2012, received Completion certificate 18.4.13.

BECKY

Post by BECKY » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:10 pm
The person I spoke to said if I sign the form I will get my completion certificate in january , if I dont sign it will hold it all up. I have been waiting for a no claims form since july on the matter so why didnt somebody say this was the case back then?

ivoriva

Post by ivoriva » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:37 pm
Ah ha - yes the infamous 'declaration of no claim form'. I was told that this wasnt a problem and would be with me in a couple of weeks, back in August! Of course it never materialised, and it never will as all IPs seem to be now pursuing PPI actively and there appears to be no other option. Its annoying to be told there was another option when there wasnt, but at least on this occassion GT are seemingly being pro-active in calling you and asking you about it and giving you a chance to comply without further delaying your certificate. If they rang me and said the same thing, I'd bite their hand off!!

I tried to get GT and EIC to get back on track with investigating PPI on my behalf and neither of them are able to update me - GT say they have no update from EIC, EIC say they have no data about my creditors and neither seem able to resolve it - EIC just say we'll keep checking and update you in a week and of course never do. Arghhh.

Shining

Post by Shining » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:48 am
Hopefully all companies will soon become uniform in their decision re PPI x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:24 am
I cannot comment on individual cases where other firms are acting, but all I would say is ongoing co-operation with your IPs is recommended to speed up closures. Guidance from our regulators is likely to be issued shortly.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
12 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”