GT haven't done what they said they would and now chasing me for debt that is not owed

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
18 posts Page 1 of 2

Kath.md

Post by Kath.md » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:47 am
i started an iva in 2006 with debt matters,i had 1 child and worked 20 hours.In 2008 Grant Thornton took over by this time i had 3 children and was working 16 hours a week i contacted them and advised i would not be able to afford my monthly payment due to my change in circumstances,i was told to reduce my payments and they would sort it out.This was never done and now im being told im in arrears,i have never missed a monthly payment.My iva finished in Oct 2011 but because they said i had arrears i continued until Jan 2012 i was then again told to stop my payments and again it would be sorted out,i explained my health was bad and i was due to have an operation i was on 3 types of medication that affected my memory this is all in the notes.ispoke to somebody in march again i explained my medication and said i could not remember this conversation.yesterday i received a letter to say i had missed 3 payments(which i havent) this is 8 months after my conversation in march i asked why nobody had contacted me since this is now nearly 6 and half years after my iva started they are asking for me now to do a variation to complete my iva as i have not paid the amount they wanted even though its their fault a variation was not done when my circumstances changed.ive already had a variation rejected in may 2011 due to 1 of my creditors saying no this is the creditor i owe the least to 300 out of 16000 how can this be?my debt amount has been wrong from the very beginning i have explained this in EVERY phonecall made i have even contacted my creditor who has confirmed the duplicate account.grant thornton have also confirmed this is duplicate yet have not taken this off and are still chasing me for debt that is not owed i have paid 10,100 out of 16000 (they say 20000)yet my dividend is only 19p in the pound?this iva has caused me stress since it started i have never avoided payments and have paid what i can afford.they are now saying im 4000 in arrears?im so angry!

Niobe

Post by Niobe » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:42 pm
Hi and welcome.

Please speak to Karol from GT who posts on the forum. Her details can be found via the 'Ask experts a question link' on the left hand side of the page.

I am sure she will be able to sort this out for you.

kath78m

Post by kath78m » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:45 pm
thank you its just so frustrating!
Kath x

kath78m

Post by kath78m » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:52 pm
can someone contact karol for me please as i cant find her thanks
Kath x

Niobe

Post by Niobe » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:54 pm
Her details should be under the 'Ask Experts a Question' link. The email details are there.

Niobe

Post by Niobe » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:56 pm
ivacustomerservices@uk.gt.com and ensure that "IVA Forum" is all that is entered in the subject line of the email.

It's actually listed under Grant Thornton.

iamfubb2

Post by iamfubb2 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:15 pm
Grant Thornton seem to be becoming the big bad wolf on this forum. In your situation i would go through their internal complaints department (if they have one ) and if you get fobbed off take your complaint to the relevent ombudsman or organization and stick at it. If enough people who claim they have been mis-served by GT or any other company do the same then maybe, just maybe "customers" will start getting better service and communication with IP's & companies.

By the way has anyone seen Grant Thorntons website. They are an absolutely MASSIVE global firm with interests in a wide variety of business including, Healthcare, Banking (offshore alot of it)Tax, law, HR , you get the picture. Don't let such companies and some of their quite frankly under-trained and inconsiderate staff bully you or try and blind you with corperate-speak and the like. Everyone has a voice and should use it as and when they need to
Last edited by iamfubb2 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheArtist

Post by TheArtist » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:26 pm
Quite right iamfubb. But in these days of huge corporations and the like, administrative blunders, incompetance and lack of professionalism is pretty much widespread. Thats all very well, these organisations are huge and can absorb the copious amounts of criticism they get.

What irritates me though, is there unwillingness to offer a basic human trait.....COURTESY.
Completed IVA - August 2012 pheeeeeeeeeew
Only my opinion - Nothing More Nothing Less

Niobe

Post by Niobe » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:54 pm
Just to answer iamfubb2 - they will have an internal complaints department so all disgruntled clients should raise a complaint through that before considering anything else.

kath78m

Post by kath78m » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:02 pm
thank you !! my credit file is clear as its over 6 years yet they said my creditors can still chase me if my variation and iva fails is this true? even though there is nothing including the court order on my file ? i kept asking what happens if it fails as i need to know and was told to stop thinking what ifs lol so i still dont know what happens as they kept saying were going round in circles i said i know cos your not answering my question i feel totally bullied into this variation. i kept stating some of the above and was told to stop looking at the past its not relevant i said it is when the figures are wrong all off which have gone over their head and im left with sleepless nights again
Kath x

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:52 pm
Grant Thornton are one of the largest accountancy practices in the world and enjoy a very good reputation for all aspects of their work generally.

For those of you in IVAs with them who have complaints at present, this may offer little comfort, but please do use Karol who posts on the forum to channel through any complaints. I don't recall a case yet where her intervention has not resulted in a successful outcome for one of their clients.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

kath78m

Post by kath78m » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:59 am
thank you melanie, my computer wont let me email her how do i get her to look at this post please ?
Kath x

Grant Thornton

Post by Grant Thornton » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:12 am
Kath78 - I have reviewed your case and one of the team will be happy to give you a call to discuss if you can let us kno wthe most convenient time and contact number? Our email address is ivacustomerservices@uk.gt.com and only put IVA Forum in the subject line,

Kind Regards
Karol

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:13 am
Kath -- what's the problem with your email -- is it bouncing back ?
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:14 am
Karol. A few people have reported emails bouncing back from customer services -- is there any problem ?
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
18 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”