CANCELLED Saturday 8 February - Frugal Friends

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
73 posts Page 1 of 5

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:01 am
The February Frugal Friends get together has been booked for Saturday 8 February 2014 !

Listening to peoples views for locations etc, I have attempted to locate a restaurant and hotel at the same location that provides reasonably priced food, and offers individuals the ability to stay overnight if they wish. I have tried to get this as close to the M4/M25 for those travelling from the west, whilst also thinking of those coming from the East of England and Midlands.

Venue :
Royal Foresters Beefeater Restaurant, London Road, Ascot, SL5 8DR. I have provisionally booked a table for 20 people at 7pm. I need to provide confirmed numbers by the 15 January 2014.
We will be in the bar area from 5pm onwards should people wish to meet up earlier for a drink.

Hotel Details :
The Premier Inn attached to this Beefeater, currently has Super Saver rooms available at £29 a room. These are non refundable, however provide a significant saving if booked now (normal room price is £65).
A link to this hotel is provided here http://www.premierinn.com/en/hotel/ASCROY

The meal and drinks will be paid for, your only costs will be transport and hotel costs should you decide to stay overnight.

Please can you ONLY respond to this thread to confirm your attendance at the event - as per previous events, this is for IVA members and their partners. It is an opportunity to relax and enjoy a meal and a few drinks with people that are experiencing or have experienced financial issues. Completely up to you if you talk about your experiences, or just use the opportunity to get to know some new friendly faces.

Looking forward to meeting new friends and catching up with the old ones !!!!
Last edited by luluj on Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:16 am
Hi Liz

Myself and Bev

Regards
Andam Davies

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:38 am
Is it ok if we confirm nearer the time as we still don't know how long it will be before hubby is well enough to go out? I know it's a long way off and hopefully he should be ok but he's had the sciatica for nearly 11 weeks now so who knows?

Tina Shortland

Post by Tina Shortland » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:32 am
Good work Luluj! Please book me a room - thanks. Happy to have a single if doubles are in short supply.
Regards, Tina Shortland, Debt Advisory Manager for Melanie Giles at Debt Advice TV.

If you’re looking for effective debt related information, articles and news, then go now to our on-line advice service at www.debtadvicetv.com

If you’re ready to ask us for specific advice or help, then get in touch at www.call-me.debtadvicetv.com so you can start to free yourself from the stress and anxiety of overwhelming debt.

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:35 am
Skippy - not a problem at all. Got to confirm numbers by the 15 January.
I know how Dave feels with a back issue - having been in hospital yesterday for a series of root nerve and caudial epidural's in my back I feel his pain !
Best advice I was given was to not stay still - keep on the go, however painful - sitting / laying doesn't help with the movement - hope he feels better soon and you will be able to join us in February.

Tina - please use the link on the post to the hotel - you will need to book your own room - when you check for availability it will give you two options - one of these will be a super saver deal at £29 (this is non refundable or changeable), whereas the £65 deal is refundable/ changes allowed.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:08 pm
Thanks Luluj. I hope I'm not speaking too soon but he does seem to be improving slightly this week. It seems as though it's just going to take time as he doesn't have a slipped disc and they think tightness in his leg muscles is causing the pain. No one seems to know! He's joined the gym and is going to start swimming so hopefully that will help. I hope you're feeling better soon as well, it's awful being in constant pain x

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:56 pm
One step at a time Skippy - make sure he doesn't over do the gym or swimming - I found swimming was good whilst in the water, but ached afterwards....

If it continues ask his doctor to refer to hospital for caudial epidural - they work and provide pain relief for up to six months and gives the sciatic nerve chance to relax etc....avoid the root nerve injections though as I am living proof they are painful today LOL !

Shining

Post by Shining » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:18 pm
I'll confirm nearer the time too, going to son's wedding then it will depend on weather as I know historically Feb can be fairly treacherous at times. I got stung the other year paid for a non-refundable room (was in November) and the function was cancelled due to weather so money lost. So fingers crossed I'll be along.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:32 pm
He can't have the injections at the moment as he's on warfarin for DVT and they aren't recommended because of bleeding. The BUPA consultant seemed quite happy to do them (keen even!) but the NHS consultant would prefer to wait which we were both a lot happier about.

Hair_bobbles

Post by Hair_bobbles » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:18 pm
Count me in for meal. I'll book a room to stop over. Thanks luluj X
IVA COMPLETED & CLEAN CREDIT FILE.

An old bible proverb says this: the rich one rules the poor, and the borrower is a slave to the lender.

How true are those words of wisdom.

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:46 pm
Excellent ... It will be lovely to meet you. If you would like I can arrange for admin to exchange our email addresses so we can talk off forum ?

Hair_bobbles

Post by Hair_bobbles » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:24 pm
That'll be fab -exchange away! will look forward to that!( I've booked my room already,,shame there is no spa! LOL)
IVA COMPLETED & CLEAN CREDIT FILE.

An old bible proverb says this: the rich one rules the poor, and the borrower is a slave to the lender.

How true are those words of wisdom.

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:04 pm
Emails exchanged - good to hear your story !

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:29 pm
Bumped for weekend viewing !!
Last edited by luluj on Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Julie

Post by Julie » Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:30 pm
What time are you planning on the evening starting? Depending on the location, I'm wondering if I could go to football and make the gathering.
73 posts Page 1 of 5
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”