Security clearance

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
14 posts Page 1 of 1

flumpy dog

Post by flumpy dog » Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:08 pm
Hello everyone I hope everyone's well

Haven't been on here for a long while

I hope someone might help

I recently changed jobs but back in 2011 I was on year 3 of the iva and had to go through security clearance - the orange form type not just the ctc stuff and failed but upon appeal and showing iva reviews and payments all good etc they cleared me

Now iva was completed last dec and got my certificate in feb I've got a chance of being seconded to another role - again security clearance req because of access to some data also used by police

The last clearance I had was a high one done by Scotland Yard and again on appeal they cleared me but now I'm out of the iva I'm still fretting they're gonna fail me

Advice from you wonderful people appreciated as always x

Shining

Post by Shining » Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:54 pm
Hi nice to hear from you again...you say you're out of the IVA now and got your certificate have you checked your credit files? Has the IVA come off there and the insolvency register if so you should be good to go so to speak. Not had to go through any security like that but others might have so hopeful of more replies.

Your post will also give reassurance to others and the appeal procedure being successful when in an IVA.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

flumpy dog

Post by flumpy dog » Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:59 pm
Thanks for replying Lesley

I finished last dec and got the certificate in feb this year

So I doubt it will be off my file til dec 2014 but I passed the last one mud way through the iva
I really want this opportunity and it will be embarrassing if I don't get it cos If they release me from my current post then I have to go back questions will be asked

flumpy dog

Post by flumpy dog » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:35 pm
I'm hoping mel or anyone else can clarify

Is a security check done by Scotland Yard a high one ?

I'm hoping so Cos if I cleared that I'm hoping ill be ok

Shining

Post by Shining » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:26 pm
we can help keep it bumped up as I'm sure Mel will be on either later today or during the working week not that I believe she ever stops x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

flumpy dog

Post by flumpy dog » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:28 pm
Thank Hun x

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:27 pm
I'm not sure what Scotland Yard's specific rules are, but if my memory serves me right the orange forms are just for a basic security check - and should not require you to disclose any financial information.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

flumpy dog

Post by flumpy dog » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:30 pm
Hi mel

No this one did ask for financial info
I found out from a friend it was an nsv001 form

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:35 pm
Not sure what that is all about then - but difficult to advise without more knowledge of the actual process you are following.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

flumpy dog

Post by flumpy dog » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:41 pm
Well still working for same company as when started the iva
3 years ago I had to do this form but it was orange then because part if my work involved working with police on tasks and they failed me initially but as I was able to show of been in the iva three years with good payments they cleared me

Now I'm hoping its a similar case as again working with police on tasks ie sharing intelligence and obv iva is over so I'm hoping it will be ok

Ps hope you're well and thankyou for guiding me through the 5 years ;)

DerekS

Post by DerekS » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:23 am
Hi Having served in the armed forces and a current holder of SC security clearance all I can advise is that you are totally honest in answering the questions on the vetting forms. My IVA finished in Feb 2013 but still waiting for CC and last year i had to re-new my SC clearance and had no problems in getting it.
The letter from the vetting board even congratulated me on my openness and honesty as i declared County Court judgments i had in 1988 and the fact i was fined £25 for not having a TV license in 1985.
The whole idea of security clearance is to check and see if you are trustworthy enough to handle what ever secure information is required for your job.
Just remember that if your are trying to get PV clearance you will be asked lots for personal information about your extended family which again you need to be honest about and be prepared to be quizzed on the information you submit.
I just saw on your post above that the form was a NSV which is National Security Vetting so quiet high level. You can check on the different levels here http://www.security-clearance.org.uk/
Good luck with the application.
Last edited by DerekS on Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

flumpy dog

Post by flumpy dog » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:54 am
Thanks guys

TzeKin

Post by TzeKin » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:15 pm
If you are.....Met firearm, diplomat protection, tsg then you need the very high SC, DV vetting,6 months wait.

If you are not police/staff then there are equivalent vetting grades for joes.Very rare are they needed.

From what you say what you are doing....It sounds like met standard vetting and the old ctc.
MET police officers are at least cleared to ctc.

The met values it's own vetting process and require also the national security checks unlike country police constabulary

There might be a question on 'have you been on an iva in the last 6 years'.Make sure that is answered properly with all details etc.
Don't see any issues....
Last edited by TzeKin on Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

flumpy dog

Post by flumpy dog » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:23 pm
Thanks tzekin
14 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”