Help needed - Big problems with PJG Recovery

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
15 posts Page 1 of 1

worriedchick

Post by worriedchick » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:20 pm
Hi everyone.

I changed job during my IVA to try and better our financial situation and ended up making it worse. I have been in constant communication with my case worker and 2 months ago wrote and requested a full & final be considered at our creditors report. We now have a shortfall every month so there is no spare money to pay the IVA but we have paid back more then half the original debt. So I asked could this be accepted as full and final. Our case worker constantly would say I will call you back and didn't. She then asked for a valuation to be done on the home so this can be proposed. The estate agent wouldn't put valuation in writing so we are getting another valuation tomorrow. I have forwarded new job contracts and redemption statements as they requested. Today I have received out creditors report summary saying we are in breach and need to propose to pay. No mention of the full and final request. They asked for my August payslip yet my caseworker knew full well that I did not have a job that month. It appears none of my information has been passed to Melanie Giles and in 12 days we will be issued with a breach notice. What do I do, nothing has been put forward about the full and final. No notes in the report about why there is now arrears yet I have constantly updated the caseworker and chased her up!!!

relieved33

Post by relieved33 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:55 pm
If I were you I would take comfort in the fact that this has been passed to Melanie. Contact her via the links here or her website.

from what I have read on here, she appears to be the utmost professional and uses common sense.

Til

Post by Til » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:57 pm
I would contact Melanie as Relieved says ... I have a friend whose IVA is with Melanie's team and despite huge problems and arrears Mel's team have found a way through for them so I'm sure they can for you too.
"Hope is the feeling you have that the feeling you have isn't permanent." - Jean Kerr

IVA approved Aug 2008 - 6 year term - last payment made 6 Oct 2014. CC received 14 Nov 2014.

ginger323232

Post by ginger323232 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:05 pm
WorriedChick - you may find you have to use the internal complaints procedure within the company - before the regulatory body would consider investigating the complant.
It may be worth contacting Mel direct about your concerns and allowing her time to respond

worriedchick

Post by worriedchick » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:11 pm
It was national debt line who advised me to contact the regulatory body

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:15 pm
The regulatory body will not entertain a complaint until the formal company complaints procedure has been exhausted.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:16 pm
I will review your case tomorrow worriedchick, but will not be corresponding further on a public forum about a private and confidential matter that has only been brought to my attenton 10 minutes ago.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:18 pm
You are in breach but the variation will rectify the breach. Your caseworker has advised that this will be done at the annual review so I think you are panicking prematurely. Calling in the regulators without even making a complaint or seeking an explanation from Melanie herself seems way in excess and whoever advised this must have been looking for a way to pass the buck.

You have yet to provide the valuation as requested by Melanie's team so I think you have to bear some responsibility yourself for any delay. I am sure this will be resolved but drop Melanie an email directly.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:27 pm
Don't worry Michael - I will be taking this matter up diretly with National Debt Line to see why they have advised my client to take such action.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

worriedchick

Post by worriedchick » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:29 pm
Thank you Melanie. When I called the office it appears they are not aware. I have spent lots of time even in tears with my caseworker and thought they would have made you aware. Michael the letter regarding the annual review mentions nothing of the change of situation just asking how I propose to clear arrears. Without posting on the forum I could not even get hold of Melanie but just offered a call from the case worker. National debt line suggested I contact the regulatory body. I spoke to my caseworker to see if they will accept an emailed valuation but they can't. As I am in a new job I have been away on a course returning today. Tomorrow is my first day off and the appointment with an alternative agent has been made for then. My caseworker is aware we are struggling with the valuation, the other local agent checks charges on your property before valuing. I am worried of course as in trying to better our situation it has become a complete nightmare.

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:19 pm
Feel comfort knowing Melanie is now looking at this for you. Knowing Mel she will do what she can to help and support you ...work with her team and give them a chance to resolve the confusion before jumping into formal complaints.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Goosed

Post by Goosed » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:19 pm
Hi worriedchick,

Seems like an internal communication issue regarding your case is the brunt of the problems here.

Moving forward, maybe each time you send an email to your case worker you could also forward it to Melanie and keep all the emails you send in your `sent` folder for future reference.

I`m sure that now Melanie is aware of this situation all will be resolved accordingly.
"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea".

Eric Cantona

chrissy12345

Post by chrissy12345 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:24 am
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by Foggy

The regulatory body will not entertain a complaint until the formal company complaints procedure has been exhausted.

This isn't true at all. There is no requirement to use the company's complaints procedure first, but would in most cases be the best approach. The regulatory bodies are obliged to consider all complaints regardless of whether a complaint has been made to the ip

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:18 pm
I stand corrected -- thank you Chrissy12345
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:13 pm
Melanie is now dealing with worriedchicks post "off forum" and I feel it is appropriate to lock this thread to allow Mel and her team work with worriedchick to overcome the concerns.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"
15 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”