My partner made his last payment over 18 months ago with DFD. How can he move on ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

Steph.m

Post by Steph.m » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:16 pm
My partner made his last payment over 18 months ago. He has done everything asked of him and even made extra payments for six months. And he has completed all payments on his own as his now ex wife refused to contribute even though it was a joint IVA. He still does not have his completion certificate. DFD claim this is because he needs to complete yet another ppi claim form. However he has completed and returned all paperwork. And he has been chasing them for months to resend the 'missing' ppi pack and had no success. So either dfd are not capable of sending this pack to the correct address or they are trying to stop him ever getting his certificate. How can he ever move on with his life?

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:22 pm
Probably only way is to make a complaint via https://www.gov.uk/complain-about-insol ... OjUyk.dpuf but tell them that this is being done.

PPI by itself should not be enough to stop a completion certificate.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:44 pm
They won't be stopping him completing and, to be frank, no IP would as all of the work they take on from the last payment onward is unpaid, so they will want to get old clients shifted and new ones in asap.

DFD, in common with a number of larger firms, use what appear to be, at best, barely competent claims firms. But, many firms manage to complete with PPI outstanding and rely upon the continuing trust to deal with them after completion.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Til

Post by Til » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:18 pm
We were with DFD and they arranged for us to sign a 'deed of assignment' so that our IVA could be closed and PPI dealt with afterwards. Perhaps this is something he could ask them to do for him?
"Hope is the feeling you have that the feeling you have isn't permanent." - Jean Kerr

IVA approved Aug 2008 - 6 year term - last payment made 6 Oct 2014. CC received 14 Nov 2014.

Evette Everest

Post by Evette Everest » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:16 pm
Dear Steph.m
Please contact me via the email address in my profile so I can take a look into your case and address your concerns.
Speak soon.
Thanks,
Evette Everest
Debt Free Direct
Forum Customer Support
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”