Vanquis

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
22 posts Page 2 of 2

Sharon.10

Post by Sharon.10 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:42 pm
I have been getting emails and letters from vanquis for me to apply to them but I haven't And I can't apply for any credit due to on going problems with barclays.
Last payment made August 2012 Certificate of Completion recieved 15th of Novenber 2013.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:27 pm
Just bin them Sharon. With some mail I don't even bother to open the envelope - rip it in half and it goes in the recycling.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Shining

Post by Shining » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:33 pm
Join MPS and return the letter to sending asking to be removed from the database and no more unsolicited mail to be sent. I don't receive junk mail as that is how I deal with anything.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

grimswold

Post by grimswold » Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:42 pm
I get stuff off Vanquis (19 months into the IVA). I just stuff everything in the reply envelope and send it back to them. Hopefully they may get the message, but I doubt it. At least it has cost them the postage.

darth_ivader

Post by darth_ivader » Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:50 pm
I got a Vanquis card aover a year ago, but to some extent it hindered rather than helped my credit score, as I already had mortgage accounts and mobile phone boosting my score. As vanquis start you out whith a modest £500 limit, your score can take a knock depending on when you pay, and when Experian/Equifax update their monthly view. For instance, If your balance is zero when they do their monthly update, it helps your score, but if it is £300, it is potentially a negative as it shows that you are using a significant percentage of your available credit. Further more, for me at least, the fact that £500 was my highest line of credit was also classed as a negative by Experian! All this said, Vanquis have recently raised my credit to £1500, which I dont use, but it has helped me to hit the top score for Experian/Equifax/Call credit in conjunction with paying my bill in the moddle of the month (early), so that my bill is usually £0 when they do their updates!
Just my 2 cents in case it helps!

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:40 pm
Vanquis increased my limit every few months up to a dizzy £3500!! Used carefully as a tool to improve your credit rating its pretty good.

I've now got a mainstream credit card from my bank. I actually thanked vanquis when I phoned them to close my account.

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

mole

Post by mole » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:20 am
If you have a poor credit rating these cards can be good, but if you have just completed an IVA, your credit file should be clean and you should be able to get accepted by mainstream lenders straight away. I was accepted for an Amex (previous creditor) and Virgin Visa CC within a month of completing.
22 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”