Npower Refund

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

nevillebunny

Post by nevillebunny » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:52 pm
Hi Everyone

Hope you are all ok.

I pay my Gas/Electric to NPower on a monthly. I have just had a refund of them for £240 as they have said my account is in credit.

The question I have is can I keep this money or do I need to pay it as a windfall. All the payments made to NPower have been within my allowance. Also this credit has occurred as I kept paying the same amount monthly over the summer, despite using a lot less gas and electric. However come the winter this flips around as we only have electric storage heaters so our monthly billy literally triples. So ideally would like to put this into the pot for the winter bills.
Currently in an IVA. Not a Financial Professional, any comments expressed are just my opinion.

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:16 pm
As you say swings and roundabouts.

I wouldn't worry over it.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:17 pm
Personally speaking I would say you can keep this - we had the same with Atlantic during the IVA and, as you say, summer and winter charges change.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:30 pm
I think you should be able to retain this as you're given a fuel allowance and you've used less? is your monthly payment staying the same?
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:16 am
I would not have a problem with this as effectively you have been saving up for higher bills in worse weather. You should not be penalised for that.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”