I finally after 6 years have my CC. What happens now ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1

Kevin.d

Post by Kevin.d » Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:36 am
I've have finally after 6 years completed my iva and have my notice of completion... can anyone explain what happens now... do I need to inform credit ref companies etc to get my markers removed and also with regards to land registry on my property.... or any further tips would be gratefully received!!

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:13 am
Hi Kevin .. everything will drop off your file at the 6th anniversary so if it were me I would let it happen naturally. My only step I took was to check the default dates were all prior to or no later than the start date of my iva.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

KAYKAY

Post by KAYKAY » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:10 am
Congratulations. Your IVA company will inform the land registry to lift the charge on your property. Like luluj has already said, just check the dates and then all should take care of itself. Your name will be removed from the IVA register within 3 months, think mine took 2 weeks.
IVA Completed August 2011

ontheroad

Post by ontheroad » Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:53 pm
Well done Kevin.d on getting your CC, the only thing i would do is contact your IP and make sure they inform the insolvency register of the completion, i finished my iva in December last year and got my CC in July this year, i have checked the register a week or so ago and my name is still on there and i have since discovered my IP didnt inform them.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:14 pm
The IP will inform the Insolvency service and it can take up to three months for the record to drop off.

If it is still on there then send a copy of your completion to the register and they will take it off.

Also check your credit records to make sure the defaults are not registered after the date of initial acceptance, otherwise you will need to write to any creditors who have done that and tell them to remove the defaults.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

ontheroad

Post by ontheroad » Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:27 pm
I agree Kallis3, its just that my IP has,nt informed the insolvency service of the CC, i would advise anyone to contact their IP just to make sure they do it.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”