PJG PPI

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
11 posts Page 1 of 1

recovering

Post by recovering » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:19 pm
Hi all, sorry to bring this up again, have any ex PJG'ers heard abpou PPI investigation? I know there were others who had Clifford Watts then Mel looking into it. I had a conversation with Mel after the transfer and was happy for her to continue but have heard nothing since. Creditfix have not brought it up yet, I still have ages to go but am curious if the whole thing will have to start again

abbiesmum2003

Post by abbiesmum2003 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:59 pm
We had a whole pack from Clifford Watts but then all contacts left and nothing ever got done after receiving the pack from them. We signed and returned letter to agree to them to look into it but everyone left and noone answered any communication. In our first CF review we were told they were instructing a company to follow up PPI issues and that this company would be in touch in due course but as usual not heard anything. Im reluctant to make contact with CF unless absolutely have to but also wary as would rather ppi got wrapped up sooner rather than later to avoid delay (even though we are certain we dont have any).

recovering

Post by recovering » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:40 pm
I feel the same! I can't be bothered to ring them ( customer services if and when they answer are usually as much help as a chocolate teapot but also I know it has to be sorted!
Bit irritating as Mel said she was going to do it herself and she would be in touch

Lou74

Post by Lou74 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:33 pm
I was in the same position, and emailed Mel a few weeks ago. She got back to me and said that her investigations were concluded (as I thought, there was no PPI) She said she would be quite happy to put this in writing for CF. However, I have just completed with CF, and they asked me to sign to say I was happy for them to investigate PPI, which I did, I then received my CC a week later! I get the feeling that CF want to do it their way regardless. As long as you are happy to hand it over to them, I don't think it should delay your completions. Best of luck

sprowstonboy

Post by sprowstonboy » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:49 am
So am I right in thinking that CF just ask you to sign over any rights to PPI around the time of your final payment? I only ask as I finish my IVA early next year and other than signing a statement saying I didn't believe I had PPI in the PJG days of my IVA I have not heard a peep about it from CF.

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:53 am
That seems to be the case at the moment and if it remains like that we will be signing it.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

Lou74

Post by Lou74 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:53 pm
Yes, I got a letter informing me that I had complied with all obligations, just after I made my final payment however in order to issue my certificate I would need to sign to say any future PPI claims were to be considered an asset to be paid across to the supervisor, and would survive the issue of my certificate.
I was more than happy to do this, as I now have the certificate in my hands, and I'm done.

recovering

Post by recovering » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:09 pm
I may email Mel just to see what is happening, I defo had PPI have no idea how much though

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:52 pm
Hi

Common sense approach from the IVA company, just sign to agree that any PPI refunds will go to Supervisor so that the all important completion certificate[and removal from Insolvency Register] is not delayed

Why can there not be a uniform approach like this from all IVA companies ?

Regards
Andam Davies

harrysmummy78

Post by harrysmummy78 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:48 pm
I emailed Clifford Watts a few times and have never heard back from them I also spoke to Mel after the transfer she said they would be carrying on with it I phoned the office a few times was told Mel would get back to me but nothing since, I called CF to query this with them and they said it was nothing to worry about they wouldn't be investigating PPI until the end of our IVA and we would just have to sign the form and would receive our CC. It would have been nice to have had everything sorted when we make our last payments but I am happy with what they told me.
Inter-locking IVA approved 25th Feb 2013 - F&F offer Accepted 06th July 2017 - Completion Certificate received 20th July 2017

recovering

Post by recovering » Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:10 am
Andy,It does seem ridiculous that companies can be so different! It makes one wonder whether they are regulated at all
11 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”