Am I being conned ? My IP refuses to issue CC until outcome of court case is known.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
17 posts Page 1 of 2

Tim.k

Post by Tim.k » Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:35 pm
Hi, I made my 60th IVA payment in August 2015 and am yet to receive a completion certificate.

I was told by my practitioner in September that the completion process was progressing. At the end of October I contacted them as I had not heard anything only to be told that they are not currently issuing completion certificates due to the court case 'Green v Wright', which is going to appeal to be heard in January 2016. Even though the case has nothing to do with me my practitioner is not issuing certificates to anyone until the hearing outcome.

After noticing that several other posters on this site have recently received their completion certificates/letters, can you please tell me if I'm being conned somehow?

Thanks.

relieved33

Post by relieved33 » Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:04 am
The company involved in the case is still issuing completion certificates and others do this by getting people to dign a deed of assignment stating and ppi claims go to the IP. We signed one. Who are you with?

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:36 am
If it were me I would ask for a deed of assignment go be sent allowing your case to be closed and further ppi payments to go to creditors. There is no reason why your case cannot be shut and you should not in my opinion be disadvantaged by this one test case. I would contact your IP next week once back from the Christmas break and ask for this.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:01 am
I agree with Luluj - my husband had to one for his and got the certificate more or less straightaway.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

SFA

Post by SFA » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:07 pm
You need to be firm over this and complain to your IP.

I was with Payplan and they told me the same as you. I sent an e-mail of complaint asking them to evidence how the outcome of this court case would directly affect my completion and pointed out that since the beginning of the arrangement, I was always willing to have any PPI that was discovered to go straight to the arrangement. I got a swift reply telling me that the IP would consider the points I made. I had my certificate within a fortnight.

Good luck.
SFA

kev59

Post by kev59 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:08 pm
After my F&f. I was asked if I would sign a deed of assignment, which I did A month later I had my cc. all this within 2 months of my offer.
IVA now over with and it was worth it.
now starting my life again,

Shining

Post by Shining » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:12 pm
Hi and welcome, hope the above has helped you and you can get that all important certificate of completion.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Tim.k

Post by Tim.k » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:28 pm
Thanks for all your replies.

I'm with Payplan so it sounds like they're stalling. I'll contact them first thing next week with references to the deed of assignment, etc.

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:28 am
2 advantages to Payplan for doing this:

1. They retain revenue in the business

2. They increase the chance of generating extra money because people are still bound by the terms of their IVA in terms of windfalls etc.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:10 pm
The court case is not until May or possibly even June next year and there may even be more appeals. Using it as an excuse is just that as the case has no bearing on whether or not cases can be closed.

James Green is one of our IPs and we are still closing files so I cannot see how other firms use our court case as an excuse not to close their own files!
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Carl.ph

Post by Carl.ph » Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:31 am
I'm with NTF and paid my last payment this week, they say they issue CC's within 3 - 6 months, does anyone think I should contact them and ask for a deed of assignment to hopefully obtain a speedier closure?

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:37 am
You can but try.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:28 am
From what I have seen NTF seem to work to high standards and expectations of themselves.

Unless you have had a bad experience of them I would say only start chasing after 6 weeks and then solely on the basis that you need to start planning for your credit file cleanup.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

Carl.ph

Post by Carl.ph » Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:42 am
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by lifenoteasy

From what I have seen NTF seem to work to high standards and expectations of themselves.

Unless you have had a bad experience of them I would say only start chasing after 6 weeks and then solely on the basis that you need to start planning for your credit file cleanup.
Yes lifenoteasy I have had no problems whatsoever with NTF and have no complaint with them it's just as someone who's just made their final payment I feel I want to hurry them along, I guess I'm just being a little impatient and want to get my life back on track, thanks for the advice....

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:54 am
We will be in the same situation in a few weeks time so can totally understand that#128516;
17 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”